Frolik??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Wondering whats up with him. Has his league started yet, and if so how's he lookin? I'd also like to hear any opinions on him from people who follow the Czech league and have actually seen him play.

Dunno why, but I'm gettin the same feeling about him as I had about Malkin at the beginning of their draft year and think he's got a good shot at being this drafts best player.

Any info's appreciated.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I can't give you any first hand account of his play but he's got a goal and three assists in fifteen games in the Extraliga so far.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
So his stats are same than Joensuu's (more games though). I don't know what makes him so much better player as touted here many times...

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Korkki said:
So his stats are same than Joensuu's (more games though). I don't know what makes him so much better player as touted here many times...
Its weird how much Joensuu has fallen but i fully expect he will get drafted higher than he is rated right now come draft day and if not he could be a huge steal for someone. Although this seems to me like it could be a tough draft to read 2-15 similar to 05'

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
vanwychen27 said:
Its weird how much Joensuu has fallen but i fully expect he will get drafted higher than he is rated right now come draft day and if not he could be a huge steal for someone. Although this seems to me like it could be a tough draft to read 2-15 similar to 05'
A way way way stronger then 05. The 06 draft is closer to 03 then 05.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
ndhockey21 said:
why are these foreign leagues so low scoring.

More emphasis on defense i guess. :dunno:

These are high level leagues though --- by and large better than the AHL. It should be no suprise that draft age kids don't put up big totals. Heck, 17-18 year olds over here rarely put up big numbers in college hockey, which is a much lower level.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Jason MacIsaac said:

I just mean that where players go will be unpredictable as it was in 05

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Zine said:
More emphasis on defense i guess. :dunno:

These are high level leagues though --- by and large better than the AHL. It should be no suprise that draft age kids don't put up big totals. Heck, 17-18 year olds over here rarely put up big numbers in college hockey, which is a much lower level.

No but top prospcts from Europe always get drafted in the first round with 42 0 3 3 kind of numbers.

AgentNaslund*

Jason MacIsaac said:
Yea i wish. closer to 03? I dont think so.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Mallard said:
those sound like Milan Michalek Exralige numbers to me in his draft year - - Whatever that means.

Michalek 2002-03 Ceske Budejovice HC Czech 46 3 5 8

Don't forget that Michalek had 17 points the year before. He was seen as a very strong bet for the top three in the '03 draft at the beginning of the season but he didn't improve as much as expected in his draft year.

Then there's a guy like Jiri Hudler who was a point a game player at 17 and he fell to the second round.

Martin Havlat put up 5 points in the Extraliga in his draft year and then jumped to become a point a game player the year after.

Vojtek Polak put up 16, got drafted in the second round, and hasn't been nearly as impressive since.

It's interesting to compare all the stats but it's totally impossible to draw decisive conclusions from them. It would be wonderful if we had some feedback from some Czechs who got to see all these guys play at the same age and explain how they compare on the ice.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
AgentNaslund said:
Yea i wish. closer to 03? I dont think so.
You obviously have little grasp on the draft then since this crop has been pegged as a very strong draft year, not as strong as 2003 but still very strong.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Leachmeister2000 said:
No but top prospcts from Europe always get drafted in the first round with 42 0 3 3 kind of numbers.
Most of the Euroguys are playing in senior level while at the same time N-Americans are in junior leagues. Of course the role of a 17-18 year boy in senior league can't be as big as a guy in juniors...

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Korkki said:
Most of the Euroguys are playing in senior level while at the same time N-Americans are in junior leagues. Of course the role of a 17-18 year boy in senior league can't be as big as a guy in juniors...

I know. I wasn't a knocking european juniors in senior leagues, I was just implying that stats are meaningless when it comes to evaluating players from different leagues.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
anybody know his ht. i saw it at like 5 10 the other day in an article which kinda shocked me. i thought he was bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->