Frolik in the CHL?

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
Whats the odds of Frolik heading to the CHL next season?
Whatever team drafts him makes the decision, and would it benifit him to come over to the CHL for a season or two?
Rimouski owns his CHL rights.

Transported Upstater

Rocketfan said:
Whats the odds of Frolik heading to the CHL next season?
Whatever team drafts him makes the decision, and would it benifit him to come over to the CHL for a season or two?
Rimouski owns his CHL rights.

I think the CHL is a great decision for Frolik if he comes over. He gets very little playing time at home, and I'm not convinced he can play in the AHL well enough to really develop.

Rimouski won't suck as bad as they did this year (most likely), so as long as Frolik can handle being so far away from home at so young an age, he'd be making a great decision for his hockey future if he came over and played for Rimouski.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I don't think that Rimouski still holds his CHL rights?
If I remember correct, CHL teams can only hold the rights to two Euro players at once, and they've got Skokan and Max Gratchev now.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Vikke said:
I don't think that Rimouski still holds his CHL rights?
If I remember correct, CHL teams can only hold the rights to two Euro players at once, and they've got Skokan and Max Gratchev now.

Gratchev wasn't drafted in the Euro draft. He played hockey in New England before going to the Q and has dual US/Russian citizenship. He's considered North American for this these reasons despite the fact that he represents Russia in international competition.

Transported Upstater

CanadianPantherFan said:
Slated to take him in the #10 spot? To early to say still?

A little background on him would be nice.

I think Okposo would be a good guy for the Panthers.

But I want him to fall to the Leafs, so I encourage you to take...TY WISHART!!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! :D

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
CanadianPantherFan said:
Slated to take him in the #10 spot? To early to say still?

A little background on him would be nice.

Think what happened to Olesz in his draft year, and you have Frolik. Very similar except for the Phaneuf hit. Olesz will be awesome, and i see Frolik as having big upsides. Risky pick though. The more i think about it, the more worried i get about us picking him, even though at #10 he would be a steal.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
TransportedUpstater said:

But I want him to fall to the Leafs, so I encourage you to take...TY WISHART!!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! :D

:biglaugh:Im not saying im anti-leafs but if we pass up on Okposo now, suicide watch here i come!

Transported Upstater

J17ster said:
:biglaugh:Im not saying im anti-leafs but if we pass up on Okposo now, suicide watch here i come!

On a serious note, I do think Okposo would be a great fit for both our teams.

I don't expect him to fall to the Leafs though, because I think Florida should take him if he's available unless they have someone on their mind already.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec

He most certainly would be good for the Panthers because Stewart :dunno: . Right now I would drop him and take his brother. :)

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
cagney said:
Gratchev wasn't drafted in the Euro draft. He played hockey in New England before going to the Q and has dual US/Russian citizenship. He's considered North American for this these reasons despite the fact that he represents Russia in international competition.

Ah, thanks :)

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I would love to see Frolik in the CHL. It would finally prove if he can live up to the hype that he has got for two years.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This time last year there were rumours Rimouski was going to take him in the Euro draft and back then i felt he would not report and I was right.

BUT 12 months later...i think there is a chance. Frolik and his coach dont exactly see eye to eye....sure he is making REALLY good coin playing in the Extraligue but if he is going to keep getting 3rd and 4th line icetime im sure his NHL team would want him to come over here and play.

Rimouski has a VERY high euro pick this summer so they can draft a player and have 3 because Frolik didnt report so he goes on a special list. If he does end up reporting they will need to trade 1 euro within a week of Frolik reporting.

The odd man out will be Skokan. There are some rumours Rimouski will take Kveton with their top 3 euro pick and he is much better than Skokan.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
On a serious note, I do think Okposo would be a great fit for both our teams.

I don't expect him to fall to the Leafs though, because I think Florida should take him if he's available unless they have someone on their mind already.

A 6 foot bull with offensive skills who's being likened to Jarome Iginla is a great fit for any of the 30 teams. There's absolutely no way that a team can have enough guys like Okposo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad