Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
That's the fun thing about this team...
Wheeler
Scheifele
Ehlers
Laine
Connor

Any one of them can completely take over a game and put up 3 or 4 points.

If you take 5 minutes off against the Jets, we can score 3 or 4 times and coast to victory.

I think of the penguins game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wheeler
Scheifele
Ehlers
Laine
Connor

Don't forget Lowry's line... ;)

Fun fact... Lowry finished the season with 2.13 points/60, behind only Roslovic, Connor and Scheifele on the Jets.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Don't forget Lowry's line... ;)

Fun fact... Lowry finished the season with 2.13 points/60, behind only Roslovic, Connor and Scheifele on the Jets.

The efficiency of the Copp-Lowry-Armia / Copp-Lowry-Tanev/Tanev-Lowry-Armia line is mind boggling. The puck handling, skating and passing game between these fellows is so much better than initial expectations. The common denomenator certainly seems to be Lowry. How good has he become?

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Wheeler
Scheifele
Ehlers
Laine
Connor

it makes for very entertaining games when you can continually role out a line with a player dominating.

ehlers was on fire last game.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Only line not scoring is Little's but if they get it together oh boy! After all Perrault and little are capable of scoring lots of goals.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wheeler
Scheifele
Ehlers
Laine
Connor

Yea really the Jets depth of elite scoring talent is tough for teams to match up against.

Then you throw in how good guys like Lowry and Copp play against the other teams top line when they are given the chance and it’s a pretty formidable collection of forwards.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Lowry is a monster and so important down the middle. Figure he'll match up vs Parise/Koivu/Granlund? Didn't know his O output was that high!

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I’d match Lowry/Copp against Staal line but that’s just me. I’d put Perreault/Little out vs Parise/Koivu/Granlund then let Connor/Scheifele/Wheeler and Ehlers/Stastny/Laine feast on the rest of Minnesota.

Reactions: csk

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Lowry is a monster and so important down the middle. Figure he'll match up vs Parise/Koivu/Granlund? Didn't know his O output was that high!
my guess would be staal. maybe not all the time because staal would play a lot of minutes but he is the main guy for them

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Lowry is bound to go against one of the top two lines (Staal or Granlund's), while the other one is probably taken care of by CSW.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Lowry is bound to go against one of the top two lines (Staal or Granlund's), while the other one is probably taken care of by CSW.
does granland play centre anymore. I thought he got moved to wing.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
does granland play centre anymore. I thought he got moved to wing.
You're correct. I reckon he is the closest thing to a driver on his line, hence why I named him and not Koivu, the center.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Friedman's 31 thoughts after Jets first playoff series win in franchise history and 1st in the city in 31 years while 20,000 people take over several city blocks to party:

- Not a single thought about Winnipeg. :shakehead

31 Thoughts: How different will Maple Leafs look in 2018–19? - Sportsnet.ca

Its becoming comical.

How many times can the national media mention it? It's been repeated a lot over the last week, and I'd rather have a new thought, instead of one regurgitated by many people over the last week.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Friedman's 31 thoughts after Jets first playoff series win in franchise history and 1st in the city in 31 years while 20,000 people take over several city blocks to party:

Its becoming comical.

How can you have 31 thoughts on how different the Leafs will look next year when there are only 23 players on the roster? Does he discuss changes to jerseys, pants, socks, skates, gloves, helmets, sticks and mouthguards?

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
How many times can the national media mention it? It's been repeated a lot over the last week, and I'd rather have a new thought, instead of one regurgitated by many people over the last week.

Good point. Its far more original to regurgitate the Leafs offseason question marks and player issues that everyone has heard several times a day on every TV, print and radio outlet in Canada.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Its becoming comical.

To be fair, most of the thoughts appear to be about the non-playoff and eliminated teams. I'm also not sure what kind of thoughts he would have on this series that hasn't been beaten to death.

A lot of Winnipeg fans are starting to look desperate for national attention.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
To be fair, most of the thoughts appear to be about the non-playoff and eliminated teams. I'm also not sure what kind of thoughts he would have on this series that hasn't been beaten to death.

A lot of Winnipeg fans are starting to look desperate for national attention.

The Leafs-Bruins averaged 2.3M viewers on CBC through game 6 and the Jets-Wild got 1.17M views on premium cable Rogers. So a population 7x the city of Winnipeg in a province 17x the population of Manitoba got only 2x the viewers in a series against a rival 06 team, where at least 10% of the viewers would have been Bruins fans.

Based on the proportion of coverage they get, you'd expect the Leafs to have 10x the viewers that the Jets get but its just not the case. The media in this country have very little imagination - they assign 60% of their content to the Leafs, win or lose because thats the way it is and thats the way it always will be. If the Leafs won, I suspect Friedman's 31 thoughts would have been dedicated to the Leafs and advancing teams. They lost, so the theme was offseason and eliminated teams.

And further to Ducky10's post, I used to like Friedman, but I find that his Jets coverage has always just been random token one-liner which provides no insight into anything.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
How can you have 31 thoughts on how different the Leafs will look next year when there are only 23 players on the roster? Does he discuss changes to jerseys, pants, socks, skates, gloves, helmets, sticks and mouthguards?

I like it, but Friedman's 31 thoughts has never actually had 31 separate thoughts.

And anyways - the Leafs were just eliminated two days ago. There's lots of new information to go through. On the other hand the Jets have been in a holding pattern since last Friday waiting to the next round to begin. Nothing new to report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->