Friedman 31 Thoughts (Jets)

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
If the Jets don't sign Enstrom, are they going to run with Morrissey, Kulikov and Niku?

Or would we rather look at signing someone like Kempny or Barberio?

What's the budget here? $2.5M? I think I'd take Enstrom at $2.5M for the next season or two.

Much rather have Toby back at that rate than take a flyer on someone else.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Is there not an Enstrom thread available for this?

I actually enjoy reading the Friedman 31 Thoughts discussion but this seems to be getting away from that...

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Is there not an Enstrom thread available for this?

I actually enjoy reading the Friedman 31 Thoughts discussion but this seems to be getting away from that...
Excellent point and wish granted.

All of the discussion around Toby's playoff performance against the Ducks.......3 years ago.......has been moved to the Enstrom is finding his game thread. This one was getting waaaay off track.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Excellent point and wish granted.

All of the discussion around Toby's playoff performance against the Ducks.......3 years ago.......has been moved to the Enstrom is finding his game thread. This one was getting waaaay off track.

LOL @ your new username title "President Patrik Laine Fan Club" I bet many in the Laine thread are shook :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
14. One scout on Stastny and Winnipeg: “That’s a good fit. He needs speed around him… and they’ve got plenty of it.”
15. I think the Blues tried to turn that Jets pick into a centre, but couldn’t get there.
17. Among Rick Nash’s other major pursuers: Anaheim and Winnipeg. Think the Ducks also had interest in Jack Johnson.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Per Jeff Marek on 31 Thoughts podcast, the Blues were looking into Logan Stanley.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I dunno, I'm not writing off Stanley just yet (hence my avatar). I feel like we have more forward prospects than we do d-men in the pipeline so if one's gotta go I'd rather it be a forward.

m.

Without writing Stanley off just yet, I would still ship him out in a hurry if some team is willing to give us a good return on him. If it was Stanley instead of the 1st, for instance, I wouldn't have been able to sign the papers fast enough. :laugh:

Another Blues might have considered would be Lemieux. Probably just about a tossup between him and Foley. Personally I would rather have Foley than Lemieux but some would disagree.

I honestly think we should be trying to ship Stanley to Detroit before Holland gets fired. :laugh: He was rumoured to be after Stanley until we jumped in ahead. If he still wants a 6'7" Dman we could make his day. :D

Reactions: McDLT

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Not a thought but a portion of the preamble

Which brings us to Patrik Laine.
His recent injury, suffered blocking a shot earlier this week, will keep him out “four to 14 days,” as Jets head coach Paul Maurice said Thursday. Laine has 43 goals (and counting, hopefully) in 16:33 of ice time. So, he’s already joined the Mogilny/Shanahan/Vanek club. But the setback probably prevents him from doing something extremely incredible, unfortunately.
If Laine hits 50, he would be more than three minutes below anyone else to hit that magical total. That’s pretty freaking amazing. The only others to hit 50 with less than 20 minutes of ice time per night are Jonathan Cheechoo and Milan Hejduk.
Cheechoo’s 56 in 2005-06 for San Jose came in 19:57 a night. Hejduk hit 50 in 2002-03 for Colorado, playing 19:50. For Laine to be anywhere close at his TOI number is unreal.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Coyotes apparently shopping college D Hickey. I really liked his game with Boston College (he is the Captain). Worth offering Dano for his rights?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
31 thoughts

13. Very curious to see how Winnipeg handles Mark Scheifele for the rest of the regular season. He was momentarily stunned by a collision at the end of the second period of the Jets’ wild shootout victory over Boston on Tuesday night. He’s already suffered two shoulder-area injuries this season, and there was fear a third would cost him the season. They are close to clinching second place in the Central and lead Vegas by one for second in the conference. Do they sit him for a game or two, just to preserve his health?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
They should start resting players once 2nd in the central is clinched IMO. I don't really care about finishing ahead of Vegas and it's doubtful they'll catch Nashville.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Finishing ahead of Vegas could be huge if we face them in the conference finals.

Imo, there's no need to rest him.

You can always play him 15 mins a night.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Finishing ahead of Vegas could be huge if we face them in the conference finals.

Imo, there's no need to rest him.

You can always play him 15 mins a night.

Unfortunately, Maurice will never play him just 15 minutes. If you have a weapon like Scheifele available, you use it, it's just too tempting.

I'm not too excited about resting anyone though, I wouldn't want cold players going into the playoffs.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Unfortunately, Maurice will never play him just 15 minutes. If you have a weapon like Scheifele available, you use it, it's just too tempting.

I'm not too excited about resting anyone though, I wouldn't want cold players going into the playoffs.

You're right.

With only 6 games left I doubt they rest anyone, other than Toby.

I assume Trouba will play tomorrow and it'll be all systems go, everyone taking these last 6 games to ramp up the intensity.

When the Wild come to town, I think the intensity will be high and carried in large part by the Jets. The Wild tend to play a conservative game, not a lot of mixing it up around the net.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I wouldn't scratch him altogether but as of right now he should NOT be killing penalties , Wheeler too . We have enough guys to kill penalties without using these two . That would get both of them less minutes as well as somewhat keeping them from getting hurt .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad