Rumor: Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Apparently heard on a podcast from today.

If true, this is obviously the way we need to go. So THAT is good news. The fact that it’s Marc Bergevin and the country club calling the shots..well, that’s incredibly frightening for this Habs fan..

If we’re TRULY rebuilding, we need to start by rebuilding the management personnel first..

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

If true, this is obviously the way we need to go. So THAT is good news. The fact that it’s Marc Bergevin and the country club calling the shots..well, that’s incredibly frightening for this Habs fan..

If we’re TRULY rebuilding, we need to start by rebuilding the management personnel first..

I don’t disagree with you but we sorta started with the coaches behind the bench and Laval. It’s not front office staff but it’s a start.

Anyhow, I’ll believe we are rebuilding once some veterans start being shopped.

Reactions: PhysicX

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

What do you think happend this off season with Bouchard and Ducharme and all the other firings?

MB is still around but those country club guys are all gone pretty much.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I don't believe this. But I certainly hope I'm wrong.

If this is true, some players should be on their way out, right? Like Weber, at least, right? I mean if you are heading this way, you have to sell your most valuable vets, right?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
What do you think happend this off season with Bouchard and Ducharme and all the other firings?

MB is still around but those country club guys are all gone pretty much.

Coaching yes, but as for management personnel they’re all pretty much still here. Larry freakin Carriere still has a job for crying out loud. Mellanby, Lapointe, Churla etc..Pretty much the same country club with only Dudley gone.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
As much as Bergevin scares us all, when you think about it he hasn't done a rebuild. All he's done is build on the fly and patch work to take a run at the playoffs.

Maybe rebuilding a team is his forte? I mean, who knows?

hope for something other than his continued incompetence at trying to build a winning team/culture is all we have to go on.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Coaching yes, but as for management personnel they’re all pretty much still here. Larry freakin Carriere still has a job for crying out loud. Mellanby, Lapointe, Churla etc..Pretty much the same country club with only Dudley gone.

I thought Larry was gone no or at least "promoted" out of his duties?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I guess the window is closed temporarily...

EEC0D680-983B-4936-B132-73D3EFFB9AF8.gif

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Great news, but hardly shocking. It was pretty obvious. This team has been chasing the 8th spots for way too long.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Great news, but hardly shocking. It was pretty obvious. This team has been chasing the 8th spots for way too long.

are you trusting this rebuild to the guys who destroyed the foundation they inherited...what gives you any hope?..to me it's BAD NEWS.....now if it was new management who knows what a winner IS..and has built one ..ok that be great news.....

Reactions: Pickles and Forum93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad