Friday night NHL Draft-1st round only

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The 2007 NHL Entry Draft will be held Friday, June 22 and Saturday, June 23, at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, the National Hockey League announced today.

The first round will be conducted Friday night and broadcast live on VERSUS in the United States and TSN and RDS in Canada, beginning at 7 p.m., ET. Rounds two through seven will take place Saturday and start at 10 a.m., ET

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195235&hubname=

fogducker

Jul 26, 2006
will having the draft on two days affect any of the decisions that GMs will make?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I suppose a lot of prospective new fans will stay home Friday night to watch... the entry draft?... on TV now? :dunno:

Well, can't hurt to try anything, I guess. I would have said the only people who are going to watch it to begin with are us geeky diehards, and we'll watch it any time you put it on, so you might just as well schedule the draft to maximise the efficiency of the event itself, never mind the endless, hopeless TV angle.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
well there goes my idea of going to the draft, i dont get off work until 430... earliest i could get off would be 230 and its still a 4 hr drive from here... roughly. and thats if i find it perfectly... oh well..

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
dumb idea. I'd prefer during the day on saturday. Not like versus will have anything better to put on. Show maybe the first 4 rounds live, then maybe a post-draft show with a ticker across the bottom for the rest of the rounds. Now, my idea probably isn;t the best, but how can it be that these execs and geniuses can take something that sounds so simple and bungle it. Allstar game on a wednesday... draft on tv but only the first round on one day?

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I actually like it. I can DVR the 1st round if i'm out that Friday night.
Then watch it Saturday morning, follow the rest of the rounds online.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
since the darryl sutter doesn't believe in 2nd round draft picks, i guess i'll be ok w/ only seeing the 1st round of the draft this year and in the future (if this becomes an annual tradition)

i prefer the entire draft in one day tho..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->