Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
YavkY0A.gif

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
It’s too bad that the Jets can’t do us a favour and not give Chicago a couple points.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It’s too bad that the Jets can’t do us a favour and not give Chicago a couple points.
Why is that a bad thing? Who do you expect will most likely be locked in a playoff spot come late March, Winnipeg or Chicago? I'll give you a hint, the Jets will crash and burn.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We've been pounded on possession the past two games, but we've been winning special teams and getting big leads. Way she goes.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
We've been pounded on possession the past two games, but we've been winning special teams and getting big leads. Way she goes.
Advanced stats are garbage over small sample sizes. I thought we played very well in both games and definitely deserved both wins. The goalies both played well too

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Florida's weird. Don't read too much into it. We were ass against Minny though

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Advanced stats are garbage over small sample sizes. I thought we played very well in both games and definitely deserved both wins. The goalies both played well too

I completely agree.
Just wanted to point it out. This game was driven hard by the Janko line (in terms of negative possession), which I didn't think was overly sharp this game at all.

That being said, Sasha Barkov and Dadonov had big games, and you saw them buzzing all night. It's reflected in their possession numbers. I thought the last two games were excellent. We let up after taking a lead, in both games.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

I'd agree for the most part in tonight's game but Tampa Bay absolutely dominated us for the first 40 minutes last night. It was a miracle that we were still in the game at the 2nd intermission, let alone winning 3-1.

Reactions: Dack

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Upset that I've missed so many of the games in this win streak, but thrilled that we're doing as well as we're doing. We're in a playoff spot! Gully should've thrown that stick weeks ago :sarcasm:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd agree for the most part in tonight's game but Tampa Bay absolutely dominated us for the first 40 minutes last night. It was a miracle that we were still in the game at the 2nd intermission, let alone winning 3-1.

Also worth noting even Backlund mentioned it in his post game that they've been outshot so far on this roadie.

We're winning special teams; and getting some bounces right now. I'd say the Flames were playing better a two weeks ago over the last two. I don't complain about wins (I'm not that much of an idiot), but the way we're doing it is riding a hot goaltending.

To add, Rittich has looked superb. Very happy we found him in the organization. Who knows, he might be the heir apparent to Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad