Friday Meeting Over - Meeting Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NHLPA Statement

NEW YORK (June 10, 2005): At the conclusion of Friday’s meeting in New York, National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) Senior Director Ted Saskin released the following statement:

“We spent the last four days in small group meetings continuing to review and negotiate various systemic and economic issues. The two sides will resume small group discussions on Monday in Toronto.â€

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Thinking now...there meeting nice and early next week so hopefully we will see 5 meetings M-F next week.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
So i'm curious... are you guys happy that they aren't just throwing deals at eachother and are caucasing in small groups to review the economic frameworks?

The more meetings the better. Hoping this continues well into August

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
futurcorerock said:
So i'm curious... are you guys happy that they aren't just throwing deals at eachother and are caucasing in small groups to review the economic frameworks?

Well into august? I hope not.....

They way these guys are meeting shows a sense of urgency to get this thing done, not by rushing it either....taking there time but they are meeting so much that they got to be chipping more and more away.

StanTheMan

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
nice to see they are not meeting monday to set up further meetings. seems like the intensity is picking up even more. could there be an unpublished deadline they're looking at?

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
I haven't seen the phrase "philosophical differences" in any quotes lately, so I'm going to let myself feel good about that for 15 minutes or so.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I would hope that at least a framework of a deal is tabled as a joint effort towards the end of next week, sort of to make sure they are all on the same page still. I really expect an offer on Thursday or Friday to be given by the NHL and the PA will look at it over the weekend and bring some issues to meetings the following week and a deal will be hammered out by July 1st.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Small group meetings? Gee, I thought they had already agreed on a 22 to 36 million cap... :sarcasm:

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I'm optimistic that a deal will be going down soon. I expect there will be a full season of hockey this year. I'm not optimistic about the long-term state of the game, though. Too many teams. Not enough rivalries. Defensive traps. Bleh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
HockeyCritter said:
Am I allowed to be optimistic or will I get yelled at by an ornery moderator?

:p:

You will get yelled at.

At least Saskin and Daly agree on what to say all the time

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
ceber said:
I haven't seen the phrase "philosophical differences" in any quotes lately, so I'm going to let myself feel good about that for 15 minutes or so.
the NBA will proliferate that quote not too long from now. The NHL is just passing the buck

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
NBA lockout begins July 1st, I think the NHL should announce the CBA on that day.....that would be great for the game I think!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
the fact that the chest thumping has subsided, that they continue to talk,and that they finally have the calculators out has me optimistic.

I'm betting on a deal before the 4th of July weekend.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think the best sign that true progress is being made is what they are not saying ..

If either side was playing the recent talks through the media as they did earlier we would know its just for PR purposes.. The silence is deafening and its positive ..

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
futurcorerock said:

Okay, I'm curious here: WHY would you want this to still be going on in August?!?!? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad