GDT: french people v. Carolina

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If the Rangers, Flyers and Islanders all fail to make the playoffs, what will NBC Sports Network show on nights when the Penguins don't play? They may be forced to acknowledge there are teams in places like Columbus, Tampa Bay and Carolina. And that there's a Western Conference in the NHL.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Praying for a good game from Darling tomorrow, we've got some momentum brewing, and Darling just can't be the reason the momentum stops. Please hockey gods let tomorrow be the game that Darling finally turns the corner and starts stringing together solid starts as a Cane.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Re: Lindy on the 4th line. It has to do with Stempniak being back. Lindy got more TOI (14:14 to 12:17) than McGinn, driven by PP time, but even Kruger and Nordstrom got almost 12 minutes so that line was much more effective with Lindholm on it.

On the surface, I'd say I agree with not wanting him on the 4th, but with Stempniak back in the line-up, it means either McGinn or Lindholm on the 4th line as they are the only 2 that play the right style to be on the 4th line, and last night, both of them played well and both of them contributed on the scoreboard. That was the best the 4th line has looked to me and McGinn didn't look out of place at all on the Rask line so the team had some really good balance.

I suspect you'll see these guys move around from game to game, and there's bound to be an injury but if we want to keep TSA together, one of Lindy, Stempniak or Williams will be on the 4th line.

#20 (Deslauriers) was hitting, or trying to hit everything last night. Surprised they only have him with 5 hits.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
^Agreed. Haven't seen the 4th line look that dangerous since maybe the opening games of the year. Pesce's goal came with them on the ice, and has to be the first time that's happened in umpteen games.

Aside from Lindholm being a better all-around player than McGinn it also means two faceoff men on the line that takes the 2nd most defensive draws. With the home stand as long as it is the Canes will be dictating matchups so they can match any teams 2nd offensive line with our 4th with no squeaky wheels defensively. PDG is miscast in that role, and Jooris just isn’t much better.

And Lindholm plays on both special teams units so it’s not like he’ll be starved for ice time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I also think Fleury is getting better and more confident every game which is nice to see. Granted, the last couple of games are against weaker teams, but still.

Re: Faulk, other than that one pass, which the MTL guy did make a good play on to pick off, he played a solid game and made some excellent defensive plays. Maybe that's the key, balance things out and don't over play any of them. That split is about as ideal as you can get.

Pesce21:04
TVR19:55
Slavin19:52
Faulk19:45
Hanifin18:29
Fleury17:18
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Fleury looked like an entirely different player last night. He was aggressive in the offensive zone and assertive with his defense. I have to wonder if he was holding back a bit knowing Faulk is the offensive guy and Smith just told him to get more involved offensively, it’s a forward and Faulk’s job to cover your ass if the opportunity is there. He was grinding behind the opponents goal twice last night and I can’t recall him being down that low for more than 2 seconds all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad