GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Schmidt's peak output (three seasons ago) was almost 20 points less than what ADA achieved in fewer GP this season. He's signed at almost 6 million until he's 34, so in the short and intermediate term he will cost more and do less than ADA.

How does that work for us, because hes left-handed?

I think with Schmidt its the other aspects of the game he brings other than point production. I do think if they aquire any top 4 LD, they have a trade lined up with ADA.

Ideally, you can aquire Schmidt with another asset like a 2nd round pick. ADA moved for a 2C like Lindholm (ideally the Rangers would get another pick of prospect back there too).

Then Strome moved to a team that misses out on their middle 6 center options for futures.

Likely to happen, no.

Sign some bargain depth players.

Kreider - Zbad - Buch
Panarin - Lindholm - Kakko
Laff - Chytil - Wallmark
Barron - Howden - Gauthier

Schmidt - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Johnson - UFA
Smith

Last edited:
Reactions: LokiDog

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Unfortunately you’ll need a time machine to enjoy true danger voyeur tourism, in the mid/late 80s you could have a full trip just by trolling around Port Authority and Bryant Park. Now it’s Shakespeare summer stock and Times Sq is a theme park to Corp America. Does anyone remember Billy’s?
You’re not talking about Billy’s from 1st Avenue around 51st or 52nd are you?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean where are all these Ranger trades coming from if we can’t add salary? And no one else wants to add salary?

It’s a shrinking pool. Also we have to remember the two biggest free agent dominos have yet to fall. Buckle in. It could take awhile.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Everyone acts as if there was a massive market for Fast at the deadline. If we moved him for a 3rd at the deadline everyone would’ve been crying about that too. There was no perfect ending
Yep. Also, at the trade deadline Covid/flat cap wasn’t what it is now.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Schmidt's peak output (three seasons ago) was almost 20 points less than what ADA achieved in fewer GP this season. He's signed at almost 6 million until he's 34, so in the short and intermediate term he will cost more and do less than ADA.

How does that work for us, because hes left-handed?

Because they’re different players and Schmidt is a more two-way player who, in my opinion, would compliment the guys we have. And ADA would also be bringing a return back, not being moved for Schmidt. It’s just an opinion. Schmidt is a good all around player.

Reactions: Avery16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad