Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is more for Andrew and possibly Nick.

What happened to Free Agency?? I mean I had bids on Jamie McLennan and Wade Flaherty, two very important players in the scheme of things for me, on the second tier of signees. I was wondering if I had lost my bids on them or have signed them?? This will definitely alter my thinking come waivers and trades that I do. Are we gonna get confirmation on who we actually have in its finality??

Sorry for whinging but I thought that some of us might be in the same boat. I could be wrong.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I wasn't even aware we could bid on the second tier of free agents yet Dion? :dunno:

There are a few guys I wanted to offer contracts too that didnt recieve anything the first time through, such as Jesse Schultz (just one example). But i was under the impression we were supposed to wait till all the stuff from the original part of free agency was sorted out.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:
I wasn't even aware we could bid on the second tier of free agents yet Dion? :dunno:

There are a few guys I wanted to offer contracts too that didnt recieve anything the first time through, such as Jesse Schultz (just one example). But i was under the impression we were supposed to wait till all the stuff from the original part of free agency was sorted out.

Brock what I meant was... on my list that I sent in

I had

1. ....
1. ....
1. ...

2. Jamie McLennan - Blah
2. Wade Flaherty - BLah

I was wondering if Andrew or Nick for that matter has gotten to this part of peoples free agency list.

It just seemed that it was a lot easier when Rich was Dopp. I'm not saying that your not doing a good job, Andrew. :)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
We hear you gents. We'll try to be back to you on those outstanding issues in the next couple of days. We can assure you that you'll get sufficient time to make all appropriate arrangements.

On the upside, the ratings are pretty much done. Stay tuned.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
On the upside, the ratings are pretty much done. Stay tuned.

Kudos to you guys. I am beginning to feel sorry for Drew every time this time of year comes around. :)

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Donga said:
Kudos to you guys. I am beginning to feel sorry for Drew every time this time of year comes around. :)

This time of year gets hectic for a number of people, but you're absolutely correct that a lot of focus gets put on Drew. That's why we'll all so damn lucky to have such a capable, reliable guy like him around. :bow:

As the good Doctor said, the bulk of the ratings process is out of the way. Basically, the numbers just need a little review, and a little tweaking. Then it's on to updating the FHL files.

With regards to free agency, I apologize for the delay. Really, there's no good excuse for it other than real life getting in the way. The issues that are still outstanding are obvious, and I'm working to delegate them ASAP.

Once free agency and the file updates are out of the way, we'll plow straight into the preseason and then the waiver draft. For sure, we're a little bit behind schedule, but we should be able to get caught up with the NHL pretty quickly.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

-HFNHL Commish

HFNHL Red Wings

I feel sorry for me at this time of year too :-P
In case you're wondering things are progressing on the updates (though slowly).
Douglas did purchase a new copy of the Sim a few weeks back but the darn thing is rejecting the registration number we were given. We recognized that we may not be able to convert the league files and would have to rebuild the league files from scratch and so had temporarily put the updates on hold to see how things went. Unfortunately the company has not (last I heard) responded to Douglas about the registration number and so I gave up waiting and started updating the files again this past weekend. I should have the next block of updates (update 2 of ?) ready before the end of this week by which time I pray their "contact us" group has sorted out the registration ID issue.

Keep an eye out for a 'request for information' e-mail from me later today for some lost league information due to e-mail issues I had a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad