Free Agency Rules: Post Questions Here

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
There are some cases where GM's have had a player ranked lower than 1. on their list who wants to sign that offer.. this is for cases where the offer to that player is substantially higher than any other offer.

In those cases, it is required that those GM's make a decision about signing that player right away - so that Reggie knows if they still want to chase the top player in the list - hence Reggie has contacted a few GM's where that is the case - and that is the situation in mine. I don't know about all my FA offers, in fact I only know about this one offer...

HFNHL Red Wings

What's up with some GM's "Announcing" deals to come.....some folks getting info early?

It's more to do with priority lists and Reggie offering options.
Example Player A is 1st priority on a GM's list and is close enough to go to a 2nd round of bidding but Player B lower down the priority list would agree to sign outright. Reggie has sent some e-mails asking if the GM wants to just sign Player B or wait to see what happens in the secondary bidding for Player A before deciding on Player B. Obviously those that have already decided on the Player B option (I've done so twice) know that they are a done deal or at the very least if they are in the running for Player A.

This is a new twist Reggie has taken in an attempt to expedite the process given the huge volume of offers recieved not to mention the increased use of priority lists in the new cap world (I had one priority list that was 10 players deep).

HFNHL Red Wings

It's more to do with priority lists and Reggie offering options.
Example Player A is 1st priority on a GM's list and is close enough to go to a 2nd round of bidding but Player B lower down the priority list would agree to sign outright. Reggie has sent some e-mails asking if the GM wants to just sign Player B or wait to see what happens in the secondary bidding for Player A before deciding on Player B. Obviously those that have already decided on the Player B option (I've done so twice) know that they are a done deal or at the very least if they are in the running for Player A.

This is a new twist Reggie has taken in an attempt to expedite the process given the huge volume of offers recieved not to mention the increased use of priority lists in the new cap world (I had one priority list that was 10 players deep).

D'oh! I didn't see Matt had already responded.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
RFA Offer Sheet

Reggie,

How do you want to be informed (format or otherwise) about RFA who's teams are going to match offer sheets for their own RFA?

ie For Philly, we are going to match Detroit's offer to Mike Fisher.

Claudio

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Nathan Oystrick

hate to disappoint both Florida and Vancouver but isn't Nathan Oystrick Hawks property...he's right there on my farm team

Default101

So all these rules apply except the North American date is 1987 and the European date is 1985?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Details, procedures and free agent lists are now available on the home page.
http://www.hfnhl.com/freeagency/index.html

If a player is listed that shouldn’t be, or a player is missing that should be (meaning they should not be a free agent), please advise Reggie Swingstein immediately ([email protected]). No offers should be forthcoming until mid next week, so that will give us time to make any necessary adjustments.

Questions on free agency should be posted here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->