Free Agency and Trades Thread: Post deadline wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
How much game does Corey Perry have left? Obviously the Ducks would have to retain some salary but even in his diminished current state he has something the Leafs lack

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I am shocking myself with this as I have never been a fan of his antics, but I’m starting to think with a focu and discipline like he’s been showing in San Jose, if a UFA Evander Kane is someone we should be pursuing this offseason.

Big, skilled, can skate, and is extremely physical. Young enough to be part of our core and with Godfather Lou and Straight Arriw Shanahan keeping him in line........

Again, can’t believe I’m saying it, but he’s been a prominent piece in the Sharks playoffs thus far.

Thoughts?

Playing for a contract, refreshed by a winner. Will revert back

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Tavares - Nylander
Kapanen - Kadri - Brown
Johnsson - Aaltonen - Grundstrom

Rielly - X
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Liljegren
-Rosen/Carrick

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’m happy to give Zaitsev a mulligan, given sophomore phenomenon and the injuries. They gotta get him straight though....get him healthy, confident, playing at his best. That’s a huge potential boost.

Still love Tavares as an option. Brown would be a perfect winger for him.

I also wonder if Plekanec would re-up for a year to rotate in.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
How much game does Corey Perry have left? Obviously the Ducks would have to retain some salary but even in his diminished current state he has something the leads lack

Would love Perry but I'm biased because he's my favourite player

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I’m happy to give Zaitsev a mulligan, given sophomore phenomenon and the injuries. They gotta get him straight though....get him healthy, confident, playing at his best. That’s a huge potential boost.

Still love Tavares as an option. Brown would be a perfect winger for him.

I also wonder if Plekanec would re-up for a year to rotate in.

Plekanec likely goes back to Montreal. I doubt the Leafs would even want him back after his poor stretch anyways.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Literally none of them have ever been proven and there was legitimate proof that those women were paid off by CNN prior to "coming out" just before they said it. Sorry man, don't drink the liberal koolaid.

What confuses me is why does Cohen (or Davidson) get these women to sign NDAs and pay them to buy their silence then if he's done nothing?

Also, what kind of business does Essential Consultants LLC do other than pay off these women? Who created that company and is there any relation between that person and Trump? That's also a little confusing.

Also, are you saying that these payments had nothing to do with why authorities raided Cohen's home, office and hotel on April 9?

It does seem like a lot of hassle and effort (and money) to go through for a man who has done nothing.

Or, did CNN do all of these things as well?

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Likely.
I like the idea of a second year for him as a Leaf, to balance the optics of the deal....though it may be too late for that.
Plus, I liked the idea of the flexibility his signing would give the bottom third of the lineup.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How much game does Corey Perry have left? Obviously the Ducks would have to retain some salary but even in his diminished current state he has something the Leafs lack

Perry is a shell of his former self and does not bring anything to the table for us at this point.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Minnesota may be ready to sell and they have an abundance of D. Maybe they could be a trade target.

I’m looking at them too. I’m assuming surer would never leave. I have wanted Brodin for a while. Sturgeon is small but good

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I could get behind this. If he plays consistent 2-way hockey like he has in the last 3 games, then he would be an upgrade on Blowzak or Leo.

Bozak's usage has dropped off a cliff recently, so I doubt he's back. Carrick was benched last year's playoffs and only played half a season this year. The 3 FA's are 100% gone.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Bozak's usage has dropped off a cliff recently, so I doubt he's back. Carrick was benched last year's playoffs and only played half a season this year. The 3 FA's are 100% gone.

As much as I love Leo, his play has regressed hard in the last 2 seasons. I think Babs is finally starting to realize that there's too much mileage on his body for him to be effective even as a part-time NHL'er at this point. Bozak....just get him off the team already. I am so sick of his coasting whenever he doesn't have the puck on his stick.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Trade Martin(50% retained) for a 6th/7th
Sign Carlson to a 8x7
Sign Letestu to a 1.5x1

Let the kids take a bigger role this year. Letestu gets signed to take right handed defenseive zone draws, and to help aaltonen get comfortable with playing center in the big leagues. Letestu can also fill that 4C role if things get too much for aaltonen. Carlson signing greatly helps our defence.

Hyman-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Brown
Grundstrom-Aaltonen-Letestu
Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Carlson
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey
Carrick

Andersen
Pickard/Sparks

Last edited:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'm not against brining Plekanec back provided it's 1 year and under 1.5 million.

Yeah, same.

I also don't think we should let another C we paid a 2nd for to just walk.

I don't know who they may be looking at overseas this spring - but Matthew Peca in TB is a group VI UFA and is one of the more attractive UFA's this summer as far as centers go. So maybe that is an alternative.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is Riley Nash a UFA? Could be an option.

I think the Leafs will use one of Aaltonen or Gauthier (if he's kept) and will probably just get some veteran as insurance. Highly unlikely that they get a high end UFA 4C unless one slips into the bargain bin.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I can see Aaltonen getting a chance at 4C if they think he’s ready. If not they’ll go the UFA option, maybe they’ll resign Plek but I think he’d rather be a 3C on a team than a 4th liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad