Free Agency and Trades Thread: Post deadline wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I thought there was some Domestic abuse case with him?

He got convicted of hitting his wife if i remember correctly. With a criminal record he won’t be able to enter the US no?

Can’t link on my phone but found a la times article saying he was in jail for 7 days then released then ICE officials picked him up

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I thought there was some Domestic abuse case with him?

There was a charge and he got sentenced to 3 months in jail. It involved his wife and they are still married. To me its a case by case thing and I don't think its up to employers to provide supplemental discipline to the courts. There isn't much lower than a wife beater mind you, but is that an isolated incident 4 years old or an ongoing problem for the couple? I would hope any NHL club would do reasonable due dilligence before trying to bring him back, but in the absence of subsequent problems with the Voynovs maybe he deserves another chance. Money he doesn't get is money is she doesn't get so in a sense, blackballing someone in that situation also punishes his victim. Kings still own his rights so if he returns its probably there. I imagine there is a workaround on the immigration thing.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
I hope in the office season we can find some Heart we Desperately need to teach the kids about Heart maybe Wendell Clark needs to
teaches kids about life in the playoffs and what’s expected of them

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I hope in the office season we can find some Heart we Desperately need to teach the kids about Heart maybe Wendell Clark needs to
teaches kids about life in the playoffs
and what’s expected of them

That probably isn't going to happen.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm probably somewhere between upset, angry and disappointment. I am definitely not at the blow it up point but I hope to god they address the areas of weakness this off-season.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005
I'm probably somewhere between upset, angry and disappointment. I am definitely not at the blow it up point but I hope to god they address the areas of weakness this off-season.
Not saying to blow it up. But u need to give up someone to get someone and what this team needs is Defense, we cant expect Anderson to stand on his head every single game.. if it wasn’t for him we would probably be in 7-8 place ..so

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not saying to blow it up. But u need to give up someone to get someone and what this team needs is Defense, we cant expect Anderson to stand on his head every single game.. if it wasn’t for him we would probably be in 7-8 place ..so

If there is a way to grab a top pairing defenseman that won't cripple our team I am all for moving the pieces.

Matthews
Marner
Dermott+1 of Rielly/Gardiner (we need to keep 1)
Kadri (we don't have centre depth)
Andersen

Only untouchables.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If there is a way to grab a top pairing defenseman that won't cripple our team I am all for moving the pieces.

Matthews
Marner
Andersen

Only untouchables.

I don’t think the team necessarily needs a major shakeup or should overpay for a top pairing guy (especially a vet)

But id internally set reasonable price (like 1st + 2 2nds, or maybe even Brown + 1st) and see what type of D man I could get. Even adding a good #3 RHd would solve a lot of issues.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005

Matthews
Marner
Andersen

Only untouchables.
Yea same I would trade Nylander for #1 Rd and I’f we can sign Tavares in the off season that’s a bonus

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don’t think the team necessarily needs a major shakeup or should overpay for a top pairing guy (especially a vet)

But id internally set reasonable price (like 1st + 2 2nds, or maybe even Brown + 1st) and see what type of D man I could get. Even adding a good #3 RHd would solve a lot of issues.

I don't want patchwork, I want a top pairing defenseman if there is one to be had.

Like if the door opened and there is a sliver of day light on the possibility of Doughty being traded (with extension of course) I want to kick that door down.

Reactions: The Magic Man

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't want patchwork, I want a top pairing defenseman if there is one to be had.

Like if the door opened and there is a sliver of day light on the possibility of Doughty being traded (with extension of course) I want to kick that door down.

I think it’s too early to make a major move like that. The team is still sorting itself out.

Plus if recent history has shown top pairing guys almost never traded (likely because the asking price is too high). Doughty strikes me as a guy who wants to at least dip his feet in free agency too, if he was a target for the team I’d rather just make a pitch to him in the summer of 2019.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think it’s too early to make a major move like that. The team is still sorting itself out.

Plus if recent history has shown top pairing guys almost never traded (likely because the asking price is too high). Doughty strikes me as a guy who wants to at least dip his feet in free agency too, if he was a target for the team I’d rather just make a pitch to him in the summer of 2019.

It's never too early to acquire a top pairing defenseman because as you mentioned, they are rarely ever available. I don't want to take the chance of losing him to another team in UFA, if we can get him with a contract extension in place, I do that 10/10 times provided the cost isn't crippling.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

No thanks, i'm not in a rush like you are.

I shudder at the thought of what a extended Norris winner and repeat finalist will cost in trade assets.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No thanks, i'm not in a rush like you are.

I shudder at the thought of what a extended Norris winner and repeat finalist will cost in trade assets.

Yes they cost more then Carrick+2nd, guess what kind of defenseman you land for those assets? Reality is we have forward depth to spare and someone needs to go to get what we need. We can't just cross our fingers and hope we get a great defenseman in free agency because if we don't we're screwed.

If Nylander goes, it is ONLY if we get what we need for him, he is not going just to move him out because he's a damned good player.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yes they cost more then Carrick+2nd, guess what kind of defenseman you land for those assets? Reality is we have forward depth to spare and someone needs to go to get what we need. We can't just cross our fingers and hope we get a great defenseman in free agency because if we don't we're screwed.

If Nylander goes, it is ONLY if we get what we need for him, he is not going just to move him out because he's a damned good player.

and what exactly do you think it would take to convince LA to trade him to us?

lets see your package , because your silly hyperbole of carrick+2nd makes it hard to take your premise seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->