Free Agency and Trades Thread: Post deadline wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
What do these trades look like? I am skeptical.

Beagle has been my guy for a while, I think they get out of the Orpik deal to keep Wilson though.

Still would be in tough. If they buy him out they save 2 and have to sign a d

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’ve said from the start. Jay beagle would be be perfect for the 4th line.

Beyond that washington only has 15 mill to spend (80 mill cap)

With.....
Carlson
Wilson
Beagle
Bowey
Grubauer to sign. Among others.

Figure 7.5 for Carlson

That gives 7.5 for the rest.... could we get Wilson?

Still would be in tough. If they buy him out they save 2 and have to sign a d

Carlson - they could go 8 years maybe get Carlson down to 6.75M. I figure UFA he's 7x7 or 7x7.5M per

Bowey getting bridged, probably 1 year 800k-950k

Beagle probably 2 yrs 2M per or 3-4 years at 1.5-1.75M per

Grubauer is getting traded most likely

They might need to give Wilson a 1 year deal to hold things over

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Carlson - they could go 8 years maybe get Carlson down to 6.75M. I figure UFA he's 7x7 or 7x7.5M per

Bowey getting bridged, probably 1 year 800k-950k

Beagle probably 2 yrs 2M per or 3-4 years at 1.5-1.75M per

Grubauer is getting traded most likely

They might need to give Wilson a 1 year deal to hold things over

How would Bowey take minimum? Why would Carlson sign for that. He could win the norris

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Gardiner would need to be extended...not sure what they'd want on top of him or if it's worth going on the deal if it's more then straight up. He had a good year

Tanev is likely a 1st and then ??? on top. Most Vancouver fans want Liljegren
The Hamilton and Hamonic deals are prime comparables no? 1st +2nd + marlie not named Liljegren, or 1st + Brown + 3rd/carrick?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If we keep getting walked all over by Boston that won’t help us sign UFA. If we lose out on the big ones I would go for beagle on like a big 1 year deal. Screw it what else do we have to spend kn

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How would Bowey take minimum? Why would Carlson sign for that. He could win the norris

A few months ago that would have been a fair number for Carlson. He led the league in scoring for D and played 25 minutes a night. He's getting 8+.

RE: Bowey, 12 pts all year and didn't dress every game. 800-1M is all he deserves at his point.

If you pay Carlson 8+ you'll regret that. He had a career year in a contract year, this isn't his usual level.

But math says 7 years at 8M = 56M

8 x 6.75 = 54 or even 6.95 x 8 = 55.6

Depends if he wants to stay and help the team stay competitive or he wants money. Will re-iterate that 8M or more for Carlson would be foolish.

The Hamilton and Hamonic deals are prime comparables no? 1st +2nd + marlie not named Liljegren, or 1st + Brown + 3rd/carrick?

Depends on the defenseman I think

Tanev shouldn't command that, little to zero offense and durability issues which sees a 3rd piece drop from the deal IMO or they take back a deal like Martin.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
RE: Bowey, 12 pts all year and didn't dress every game. 800-1M is all he deserves at his point.

If you pay Carlson 8+ you'll regret that. He had a career year in a contract year, this isn't his usual level.

But math says 7 years at 8M = 56M

8 x 6.75 = 54 or even 6.95 x 8 = 55.6

Depends if he wants to stay and help the team stay competitive or he wants money. Will re-iterate that 8M or more for Carlson would be foolish.

Depends on the defenseman I think

Tanev shouldn't command that, little to zero offense and durability issues which sees a 3rd piece drop from the deal IMO or they take back a deal like Martin.

Teams regret UFA all the time. What is your guess on gardiner?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Go 8 years on Gardiner, hope you can get him at 5.75-6M per. He's probably an elite #3

I think that is reasonable for gards. But Carlson has to be paid more. Like I said. He could win the Norris has a 50 pt season as well. Fowler got 6.5 right??

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Honestly, I don't think Tanev even warrants a 1st. I think the best he could get is someone like Brown, someone like Nielsen and a 2nd. He's playing fewer games, he is barely averaging 20 minutes when he does get in, and his possession numbers are Zaitsev level. It's been like that for 2 years now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think that is reasonable for gards. But Carlson has to be paid more. Like I said. He could win the Norris has a 50 pt season as well. Fowler got 6.5 right??

It's possible but Carlson hasn't played to this level before. He's not normally "this" good.

Fowler did get 6.5M so Gardiner might push for that too, he's not wrong too either, just hope we offer that up and he takes it, but then LHD is crowded with Rielly, Dermott and Gardiner.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Honestly, I think WTFMAN99 had the right idea with Weber. It would be a lot harder for that big Boston line to navigate through Weber, he'd punish them physically too. Tanev/CDH/Carlson don't have a mean bone in their body. Weber would make them pay for going near the net.

I'd try for 6x6 for Gardiner.

Rielly - Weber
Gardiner - Dermott

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Honestly, I think WTFMAN99 had the right idea with Weber. It would be a lot harder for that big Boston line to navigate through Weber, he'd punish them physically too. Tanev/CDH/Carlson don't have a mean bone in their body. Weber would make them pay for going near the net.

Rielly - Weber
Gardiner - Dermott
No. Weber is such a f***ing short sighted move. And completely helps out our main rival from staying in turmoil. Might be one of the last D in the league I want.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Rielly - Weber
Gardiner - Dermott

No. Weber is such a ****ing short sighted move. And completely helps out our main rival from staying in turmoil. Might be one of the last D in the league I want.

Weber is a good defenseman, and probably a top pairing guy for at least 2-3 yeas more, after that it's a roll of the dice.

I just want a #1 defenseman in general. If it's Doughty, that is fine too, Karlsson doesn't punish guys, but you can grab other guys to do that as well.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Weber is a good defenseman, and probably a top pairing guy for at least 2-3 yeas more, after that it's a roll of the dice.

I just want a #1 defenseman in general. If it's Doughty, that is fine too, Karlsson doesn't punish guys, but you can grab other guys to do that as well.

See I don’t even think we need that. We have plenty of offence and puck movement.
We just need some stoppers. Like a hamonic, tanev vlasic, hjalmarsson, dehaan. This should be the easiest and cheapest thing to get, but we never do

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
See I don’t even think we need that. We have plenty of offence and puck movement.
We just need some stoppers. Like a hamonic, tanev vlasic, hjalmarsson, dehaan. This should be the easiest and cheapest thing to get, but we never do

I think we definitely could use a #1. The stopper route we tried with guys like Hainsey, didn't work. Hamonic didn't do that great in Calgary either.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think we definitely could use a #1. The stopper route we tried with guys like Hainsey, didn't work. Hamonic didn't do that great in Calgary either.

Hainsey has. Just not for this long. He is 37 and playing 2 m shifts. Rielly looks amazing

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
If it comes down to signing one of Tavares or Carlson, gimme Carlson. We need a top pairing guy to play with Rielly more than a center. If we're being honest though big fish hunting in FA this year would be a bad idea unless we give out short term.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If it comes down to signing one of Tavares or Carlson, gimme Carlson. We need a top pairing guy to play with Rielly more than a center. If we're being honest though big fish hunting in FA this year would be a bad idea unless we give out short term.

We can do 1 more big deal okay. So pick between C and D.

If we can jettison Zaitsev, Martin and maybe Brown a well, 1 more piece an fit. Not terrible pieces but some team might find more value in them then we currently do.

horner

May 22, 2007
Boston will be our pain in the ass to reach the promised land for the next 3 yrs till Bergeron Marchant and Chara start to break down.
We need some extra size and toughness.
At forward and defence.
A good start would be Tavares.
Mathew's and Tavares down the middle would be crazy.
He'll you could double shift either one in the playoffs.
Nylander could be traded for a young stud dman.
Ex.
Drouin for Sergachev
Not a
Hall for Larson

Trade
Gardner
Nylander for a young stud dprospect

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm actually kind of amused that people are still going on about Tavares. It's been pretty obvious all year, that against elite teams, our team has often been exposed as not being strong enough defensively. Of course, there has been games where we've done well too.. These playoffs, while just two games, have exposed our weaknesses further. We are still, one, probably two RHD away from being contenders for the Cup.

I don't know what's going on with Zaitsev, and maybe he'll recover his form enough during the off season, to be one of those guys.. but right now he's not playing up to expectations, or needs.

We could really use Tanev and Carlson at this point, forget about Tavares, but I've been saying this for months.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Trade Nylander for Doughty, sign Tavares and sign Jay Beagle.

Hyman-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Grundstrom-Beagle-Leivo

Reilly-Doughty
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

Andersen
McBackup

Reactions: The Big D

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Sign JT and package Nylander with a pick and Gardiner or Zaitsev and get that #1
Nylander + 2019 1st + (Zaitsev + Brown) or (Gardiner + Martin)
For
Doughty + Lewis

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If we keep getting walked all over by Boston that won’t help us sign UFA. If we lose out on the big ones I would go for beagle on like a big 1 year deal. Screw it what else do we have to spend kn

Losing to the Bruins won't have an impact on signing UFAs IMO. The sell job will be the same. One could argue that we can say we need said player to help put us over the top :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad