Player Discussion Fredrik Claesson - Title Pending

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
With Methot headed to Vegas, Cleasson seems like the obvious choice to start playing with Karlsson. Do you think he's capable playing consistent top 4 minutes and being the other half of a super - swede pairing?
usa-today-9230331.0.jpg

Last edited:

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I think so. Phaneuf can spot him at times with EK, but I like him as Karlsson's partner.

What I'm curious about is how they'll handle the third pairing. To me, Harpur and perhaps Chabot could each be great in that position, but if they have those 4 on the left side, it would mean Phaneuf would be the only LD that isn't a rookie.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he will be ok but will struggle with consistency ; there will be a noticeable drop off from Methot

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
He's our best option. Not for 22 mins per game, maybe he could split with whoever is on LD3

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Further to my comment above: I'm really hoping the Sens can sign Michael Stone to be the 3rd pair RD. Upgrading on Wideman will allow the Sens to scale back Ceci's minutes and also allow Karlsson to ease up a bit, especially as he recovers from injury. Stone would also replace some of Methot's PK minutes and would be a steady partner for a rookie LD like Chabot.

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Chabot - Stone
*Harpur

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Englund will be ready soon.
ClAEsson can play up and down the lineup

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wouldn't it be ironic if Phaneuf ends up replacing Methot as Karlsson's partner? Claesson could play with Ceci & Boro with Wideman. I also think we will eventually see Harpur up for a number of games & Englund if there are any injuries & maybe Chabot. I imagine Chabot may get 9 games or less again this yr before they send him down to Bellville. Most likely they share the minutes & Karlsson plays with everyone depending on the situation until one guy stands out the most as being a good partner for him.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Wouldn't it be ironic if Phaneuf ends up replacing Methot as Karlsson's partner? Claesson could play with Ceci & Boro with Wideman. I also think we will eventually see Harpur up for a number of games & Englund if there are any injuries & maybe Chabot. I imagine Chabot may get 9 games or less again this yr before they send him down to Bellville. Most likely they share the minutes & Karlsson plays with everyone depending on the situation until one guy stands out the most as being a good partner for him.

ill be disappointed if Chabot doesn't can't stay up with the big club tbh. This is a guy I have hopes on being a calder finalist btw.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
ill be disappointed if Chabot doesn't can't stay up with the big club tbh. This is a guy I have hopes on being a calder finalist btw.

He needs lots of reps, Guy doesnt like young players either. He needs 40 games in the AHL atleast as the number 1 guy.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I think so. Phaneuf can spot him at times with EK, but I like him as Karlsson's partner.

What I'm curious about is how they'll handle the third pairing. To me, Harpur and perhaps Chabot could each be great in that position, but if they have those 4 on the left side, it would mean Phaneuf would be the only LD that isn't a rookie.

Boro?

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Not happening imo. Not because he isn't talented enough, but because with the d-corps we currently have he simply won't get enough minutes to be considered.

To put it into perspective Werenski this year averaged over 20 minutes a game and nearly 3 minutes a game on the PP. Even if Chabot eventually works himself into a top 4 mainstay, he likely won't ever be over 20 minutes a game given the other guys we've got. And obviously the PP time isn't happening either when we have EK.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

Claessen's more of a 2nd year guy at this point.

63 total games. Multiple training camps, call ups, practices and a lot of experience during a long playoff run. Because of top-4 holes, 1/3 of his games have been over 18:30 per game and 1/4 over 20 mins.

Denny47

Dec 27, 2010
Ottawa
Further to my comment above: I'm really hoping the Sens can sign Michael Stone to be the 3rd pair RD. Upgrading on Wideman will allow the Sens to scale back Ceci's minutes and also allow Karlsson to ease up a bit, especially as he recovers from injury. Stone would also replace some of Methot's PK minutes and would be a steady partner for a rookie LD like Chabot.

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Chabot - Stone
*Harpur

That's exactly what I'd like to see :nod:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I'm looking forward to seeing more offence from EK's partner, since Methot provided good D but zero O. Claw hammer has better mobility, and can get a good shot on net. IIRC Methot's usual play on offence was to dump the puck into the corner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad