Injury Report: Frederik Andersen UPD - Practiced Monday

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Andersen will have had 4 full days off before Thurs' game vs NAS. Hopefully he's ready by then.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Freddy speaks perfect English. Thought he would have an accent lol I never knew he'd speak like that

D4GGR

Feb 1, 2016
Would have been nice for the leafs to have traded for Bishop considering how cheap he went for...

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Not to lay it on too thick, but McElhinney has been statistically among the worst goalies for SV% since 08/09. Among the 58 goalies that have played 150 games since 08/09, McElhinney ranks 52nd at .906. He's not a good vet, he's an AHL goalie who strung together a very small sample of good games at age 33. He's a bad goalie and Sparks is at least good in the AHL. Putting him behind this new team is a good chance to see what we have in Sparks. McElhinney will regress and he's likely already started.

He's split 17 games between Col and our beloved Leafs this year.

For the 56 goalies that have started 17 games or more (that would include the back-ups that have played as much as he has, AND, all of the usual starters) his SV% is ranked 15th. 15th out of 56 goalies.

His SV% is .921 - CAREY PRICE is only at .923.

How is he regressing exactly? sorry, just not seeing it!

And I don't want to lay it on too thick either, but, all we've heard Babcock talk about, when referencing Mac, is how good of a vet he is and he is a real 'pro'.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He's split 17 games between Col and our beloved Leafs this year.

For the 56 goalies that have started 17 games or more (that would include the back-ups that have played as much as he has, AND, all of the usual starters) his SV% is ranked 15th. 15th out of 56 goalies.

His SV% is .921 - CAREY PRICE is only at .923.

How is he regressing exactly? sorry, just not seeing it!

And I don't want to lay it on too thick either, but, all we've heard Babcock talk about, when referencing Mac, is how good of a vet he is and he is a real 'pro'.

His last 2 games have been poor, but I agree that's too small a sample size to say that he's regressing.

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
Freddy speaks perfect English. Thought he would have an accent lol I never knew he'd speak like that

A lot of Scandinavians speak English without much of an accent. Nylander and Kapanen are both like that on the Leafs. Someone like Landeskog also comes to mind. Or actors like Alexander Skarsgard for example. Apparently something about Scandinavian dialects just makes it easier for them not to carry much of an accent when speaking English.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
A lot of Scandinavians speak English without much of an accent. Nylander and Kapanen are both like that on the Leafs. Someone like Landeskog also comes to mind. Or actors like Alexander Skarsgard for example. Apparently something about Scandinavian dialects just makes it easier for them not to carry much of an accent when speaking English.

I concur. :handclap:

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.

Just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the Vikings... etc coming to England to pillage many moons ago. Possibly influenced our language.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sounds like the Leafs may want to give him one more game off despite Andersen being healthy enough to play. With the way McBackup played last night, maybe the Leafs will want to reward him with another start.

Andersen all ready has started a lot of games and they don't want to rush him back, which is what happened at the beginning of the season.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think it's less about a reward and more about being extra cautious with Andy - especially with the Leafs having 5 games in 7 nights next week, where they may need to start Andy on a back to back next weekend. The rationale being McBackup has played well and can give the team a chance to win.

I'm okay with it myself.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Sounds like the Leafs may want to give him one more game off despite Andersen being healthy enough to play. With the way McBackup played last night, maybe the Leafs will want to reward him with another start.

Andersen all ready has started a lot of games and they don't want to rush him back, which is what happened at the beginning of the season.

Its not about rewarding nobody. Leafs want to reward themselves as a Team. That's how it go. So the best available player plays, always.

How many hours to go after the flight is over? Is it like 8 hours from now and then we hear it after babcock steps ouf of the plane?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->