Injury Report: Freddy

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Perry has a bit of a rep as a dirt bag. Isn't it strange how these are the guys who always seem to be involved when a "freak" accident like a flying skate boot to the head happens?

Perry is a nasty piece of gear but he would have to be Jackie Chan to be able to direct his skate towards Anderson's head, while falling forward. No sane person would ever intentionally direct a skate blade towards another persons throat area.

I have no doubt Perry intended to go hard to the net maybe even bump Andersen but there is a 0% chance he intended to kick him in the head.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I don't understand why they can't make a goalie helmet with more protection against concussions. They seem to barely get clipped and their bell gets rung.
You know who never had concussions and spent most of his career sprawling on the ice?
This guy
dominikhasek.jpg

Maybe we need to bring back those buckets.

Or maybe he did but because the hockey culture was to not show weakness he played through it?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
You have to be a pretty big POS to hit somebody in the head with your skate.

You have to get yourself in position to hit a goalie in the head though and that is the only issue here. If it's illegal to decide to steamroll through the blue paint, that injury would result in a penalty. I guess it's a "clean" hockey play. But whatever. Me being unhappy with it isn't gonna change anything.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Didn't look that bad, he'll be ok just give him 1 or 2 weeks off regardless and call it his pre playoff rest period. He's done great for us up to here and so has McBackup. Just ride it out.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Meh, while I dislike Perry for his dirty rep, I don't see anything wrong with driving the net like he did. On replay from the side camera you can see he did a pretty good job to avoid contact with Andersen. It's just a crappy break the collision with Gainsay resulted in the heel going up.

Reactions: thewave

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
What is the exact time for this conference of the announcing of freddy's injury? The exact time is what I'm asking?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Meh, while I dislike Perry for his dirty rep, I don't see anything wrong with driving the net like he did. On replay from the side camera you can see he did a pretty good job to avoid contact with Andersen. It's just a crappy break the collision with Gainsay resulted in the heel going up.

Stuff happens. That's a good example. Off topic but that's also why I don't like getting into run and gun games with teams. As exciting as it is, it always results in a lot of injuries intentional or not just based on adrenaline guys red lining the whole game. Doesn't bode well for a PO team either when you get to them and discover you're the tired team of the two.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good news. Hopefully he'll have no ill effects after today's workout.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Thank for the information. This is all gravy and good. Didn't look bad during the game neither. We just cool and relaxed now and winning again and again. With the winning record, so it was easy to take him out like the mob does during yesterday's game.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I missed the game and just saw the highlight of it. Was there more concerned about a concussion of that he might have been sliced by the skate? All in all, a scary situation either way.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I don't understand why they can't make a goalie helmet with more protection against concussions. They seem to barely get clipped and their bell gets rung.
You know who never had concussions and spent most of his career sprawling on the ice?
This guy
dominikhasek.jpg

Maybe we need to bring back those buckets.

Goalie masks are designed to deflect pucks and reduce impact from shots. Knowing what we know about concussions and CTE now, the player helmet and cage would probably protect more in these “freak” accidents as they are designed to absorb body checks and impact of that nature, but shots to the mask would not be deflected and the wearer would absorb the full impact.

So when you make the trade off do you protect from the frequent threat or the uncommon one?

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
In one aspect you knew Mac was going to pickup a few more games than just B2B down the stretch to rest Anderson....May as well give him a game or two if he was hurt.

On the other end of it though.. we just had Xmax, new years, by week, and all star game. He should be well rested so the timing is not that beneficial at all :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad