Ansar Khan: Franzen First Star of the Week!

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Yes, Z, Nyquist and Franzen all have great chemistry together.....but if Franzen wasn't moving his feet and skating hard, he wouldn't be having anywhere near this level of success.

That's the big difference. How many times have we heard Babcock say things like "Franzen needs to move his feet to be a good player" and "its up to Mule how good a player he wants to be"

This is why people like me get frustrated with him. This is what he is capable of when he works hard.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Yes, Z, Nyquist and Franzen all have great chemistry together.....but if Franzen wasn't moving his feet and skating hard, he wouldn't be having anywhere near this level of success.

That's the big difference. How many times have we heard Babcock say things like "Franzen needs to move his feet to be a good player" and "its up to Mule how good a player he wants to be"

This is why people like me get frustrated with him. This is what he is capable of when he works hard.

wasn't there some talk about him being on some new anti anxiety medication or something around November?

really starting to wonder if maybe there's something to that

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
wasn't there some talk about him being on some new anti anxiety medication or something around November?

Plus he comes out cracking jokes the last four days about Neil, strange indeed. I don't care what the reason is since he came back off that first chunk of time missed when he has been in the lineup he has been really good.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi

That would be great. If it has him feeling better AND playing better, it's a win win for everyone.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Yeah Daniels made some strange off-hand comment about Franzen getting on new medication during a broadcast. Mind you, during that first stretch of injury for Franzen, the Wings were awfully nebulous about what was wrong with him to begin with.

I don't know about anti-anxiety meds, but I know it can take a while before finding the right anti-depressants that work for you and they can come with a ton of side effects. If that's what the situation is with Franzen, more power to him. He's played the best stretch of hockey of his career of late and even has a shot at a pp/g season

Aug 6, 2012

That's total speculation and I wouldn't believe it until it's confirmed. He's on another streak like always... he'll cool down for a bit and everyone will jump back on him. Basically his entire career has been the same way, and I see no reason why it would change now (even IF he changed medication or something like that). We've seen this story plenty of times before.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The Mule is on new meds and at the same time gets his brain scrambled, it's just what the doctor ordered for a new Franzenstein.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
That's total speculation and I wouldn't believe it until it's confirmed. He's on another streak like always... he'll cool down for a bit and everyone will jump back on him. Basically his entire career has been the same way, and I see no reason why it would change now (even IF he changed medication or something like that). We've seen this story plenty of times before.

He's on a pretty long streak. He's been consistent since coming off that mysterious injury in October or November. And then he picked right up where he left off after coming back from injury. I don't know, I think Franzen might be shaking off his "streaky" label. He's at least competing at a high level game in, game out, even if he doesn't get a point.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
He's on a pretty long streak. He's been consistent since coming off that mysterious injury in October or November. And then he picked right up where he left off after coming back from injury. I don't know, I think Franzen might be shaking off his "streaky" label. He's at least competing at a high level game in, game out, even if he doesn't get a point.

Players don't shake off a label that's been developed over years in the matter of 10 or 20 games.

When he slumps for a few games in a row the "floater" tag will come back like gangbusters.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Yeah Daniels made some strange off-hand comment about Franzen getting on new medication during a broadcast. Mind you, during that first stretch of injury for Franzen, the Wings were awfully nebulous about what was wrong with him to begin with.

I don't know about anti-anxiety meds, but I know it can take a while before finding the right anti-depressants that work for you and they can come with a ton of side effects. If that's what the situation is with Franzen, more power to him. He's played the best stretch of hockey of his career of late and even has a shot at a pp/g season

Yeah, it's about the same. There's a lot of trial and error with anxiety meds. Regardless of how it affects his play, I hope he's found meds that help him feel better. Anxiety is hellish to live with.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I do not get it. Why does Franzen need anti-anxiety or anti-depressant med?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

15583d1301954626t-one-warrior-hacking-media_preview.jpg

On the depressant thing we don't know that is speculation although certainly the rumors are out there with zero denials, on anxiety he has been clinically diagnosed with social anxiety. Have a cousin with social anxiety and trust me without medication it is hard to imagine his life, he used to be afraid to even leave the house and it sounded like when Franzen opened up about his it was very similar to what I have experienced witnessing my cousin. Given his job I am amazed Franzen made at as far as he did without getting it looked at.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say because of his anxiety.

On the depressant thing we don't know that is speculation although certainly the rumors are out there with zero denials, on anxiety he has been clinically diagnosed with social anxiety. Have a cousin with social anxiety and trust me without medication it is hard to imagine his life, he used to be afraid to even leave the house and it sounded like when Franzen opened up about his it was very similar to what I have experienced witnessing my cousin. Given his job I am amazed Franzen made at as far as he did without getting it looked at.

It is truly truly awful to live with and it would 100% affect anyone else's playing ability if they werent medicated or on a good medication for them. It is really impressive how much he accomplished.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
On fire right now, lets hope that this continues the rest of the season, we will going to need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad