Ansar Khan: Franzen First Star of the Week!

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 7m
Johan Franzen was named NHL's first star after getting a hat trick vs. Ottawa and two assists vs. Montreal.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I bet he put on his lipstick, took his european carry-all and sashayed his marshmallow butt down to Neal's house and showed him that.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Don't worry, if history taught us anything he will have a cold spell for the next month after this.

I think playing with Nyquist is good for him and to me, he has appeared more consistent during that time.

We should keep doing that.

NyquistIsMyGod*

To be honest, Franzen has never been this hot for this long.. Despite the injuries, the total is around 25 games.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Why would he show that to James Neal?

1103_RCA_2013_ThisIsChrisNeil_OilChangers.jpg

vs

i

Given the choice, I wouldn't blame Franzen at all for choosing to go to James Neal's house instead.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Franzen has looked like a new player since coming back from his first injury this year. I'd like to say Nyquist has played a role in that too.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Franzen is always a beast when he is playing for team Sweden. He almost killed Malkin in WCH some years ago. Sucks that he missed the Olympics.

Before he become a top6 player he was a hardworking player - all games. Do you guys remember that?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The last game he played was a real treat to watch. He can still be absolutely dominant at times.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Nyquist really compliments his game, and is really the first player I've ever seen Franzen be able to give and go with. At times he displays good chemistry with Zetterberg, but Franzen is a guy that likes to hang onto the puck. Nyquist just does a great job of pushing his pace and getting him the puck in a good spot and letting him work. Tatar and Franzen I think are somewhat similar players in that they are great at creating offense but not always the most focused players and not always great at using their linemates. I think it says a lot that Nyquist has found great chemistry with both of these guys.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The last game he played was a real treat to watch. He can still be absolutely dominant at times.

Crazy to think how he would have played last year with Nyquist on his line full-time. The guy and him just work.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Nyquist really compliments his game, and is really the first player I've ever seen Franzen be able to give and go with. At times he displays good chemistry with Zetterberg, but Franzen is a guy that likes to hang onto the puck. Nyquist just does a great job of pushing his pace and getting him the puck in a good spot and letting him work. Tatar and Franzen I think are somewhat similar players in that they are great at creating offense but not always the most focused players and not always great at using their linemates. I think it says a lot that Nyquist has found great chemistry with both of these guys.

I too think we can thank Nyquist for Franzens success.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
To be honest, Franzen has never been this hot for this long.. Despite the injuries, the total is around 25 games.

I feel like his breakout stretch in 08 and into the playoffs was just as long. And he obviously played great the next year as well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Crazy to think how he would have played last year with Nyquist on his line full-time. The guy and him just work.

You know that fires me up doc, don't throw fuel on the fire ;)

Seriously though, the two of them together are great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->