Franchise Custom Player NHL18 Game

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
So the franchise mode has started, I've randomized so one lucky player has franchise potential. I've decided to play as the New York Islanders so my team is unable to draft or trade for any of the players listed below. Feel free to make comments about your players and how they're doing or interviews or anything really to make it more fun.

Player NameHF UserDraft Position
B. KaneMcDrai23rd OV - NYR 2019
P. PaddsATypicalCanadian9th OV - SJS 2019
D. EastPaneerboy4th OV - NJD 2018
B. NekkidGingerJesus2831st OV - NSH 2019
S. BallsdeepDabeast34th OV - VAN 2018
L. ObranecElvs28th OV - BOS 2018
B. MahoneyFacepalmBenning27th OV - CHI 2019
N. TryamkicetimeTryamkin30th OV - VGK 2018
O. SimpsonJesus Take The Wheel41st OV - BUF 2018
J. LiponJCLiponfanboy52nd OV - COL 2019
W. Gretzky Jr.Cor24th OV - WSH 2018
R. RockwellStrawberry Fields11th OV - NSH 2018
L. SchneiderIntoewsables26th OV - TBL 2019
S. StainsMaticus89th OV - CHI 2019
C. McGregorteravaineSAROS19th OV - ARI 2018
J. HansonNicos5th OV - FLA 2018
R. RollingThadd12th OV - LAK 2019
N. KurtzPredsForPresidents8th OV - CAR 2018
B. HymenNugget91031st OV - NYR 2018
G. FieriBlack Noise30th OV - STL 2019
L. BallLaVar7th OV - BOS 2019
W. StranglerModernUser6th OV - VGK 2019
T. Rickpoussieskater6914th OV - LAK 2018
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
NHL 2018 Entry Draft
4th Overall [NJD] - D. East
5th Overall [FLA] - J. Hanson
8th Overall [CAR] - N. Kurtz
11th Overall [NSH] - R. Rockwel
14th Overall [LAK] - T. Rick
19th Overall [ARI] - C. McGregor
24th Overall [WSH] - W. Gretzky Jr.
28th Overall [BOS] - L. Obranec
30th Overall [VGK] - N. Tryamkicetime
31st Overall [NYR] - B. Hymen
34th Overall [VAN] - S. Ballsdeep
41st Overall [BUF] - O. Simpson

Reactions: Maticus and Dabeast

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Currently mid season 2018-19 some surprising draft rankings L. Ball and B. Nekkid are currently placed in the top 5 however L. Schneider is ranked in the 5th round, S. Stains in the 7th and G. Fieri isn't expected to get drafted!

The Pittsburgh Penguins won the cup for the 2018-19 season

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabeast

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
No player made the NHL for the 2018-19 season

NHL 2019 Draft
6th Overall [VGK] - W. Strangler
7th Overall [BOS] - L. Ball
9th Overall [SJS] - P. Padds
12th Overall [LAK] - R. Rolling
23rd Overall [NYR] - B. Kane
26th Overall [TBL] - L. Schneider
27th Overall [CHI] - B. Mahoney
30th Overall [STL] - G. Fieri
31st Overall [NSH] - B. Nekkid
52nd Overall [AVS] - B. Lipon
89th Overall [CHI] - S. Stains

Reactions: Maticus and Dabeast

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Also, 11th overall! I think Ryan's ready to become the biggest star forward in Preds history :nod:

"I actually got picked higher than I expected. I'm very excited for the chance to play for Nashville. They just made the Finals recently and have some great players already. I'm hoping I'll be the next one."

If his interview is any indication, then Ryan is also ready to become another of many milquetoast personalities in the NHL.

Nicos

Dec 14, 2016
Whooa, Hanson got a nice place from the Florida's sun and (soon) next to Barkov! Watch out McCregor, you're going down if we meet on the ice.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
"It's a dream come true to be drafted in the NHL, I worked so hard for this moment, it's an incredible feeling..."

"Uh Dab, it's been a year since you were draf-"

"I'd like to thank my mom and dad for their genes, my coaches for utilizing me to my strengths and fullest potential (which was backup ice girl), and I'd like to thank the dabbing community. This is a huge step in our movement. And don't forget to dab on the haters!"

Nugget910

Oct 4, 2017
New York Rangers

Im excited about my opportunity with the rangers can wait to get going and make it to the big club, as long as im not partners with Brendan Smith lol.

Buster Hymen

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
मैं दिल्ली आइस हॉकी एसोसिएशन में अपने दोस्तों का प्रतिनिधित्व करने के लिए बहुत सम्मानित हूं। मैं मसौदा तैयार करने के लिए कैनक्स का शुक्रिया अदा करना चाहता हूं, मैं भारत को गर्व कर दूंगा!-Sandeep Ballsdeep when asked how proud he is to be the first Indian drafted to the NHL

Translation: I am very honored to represent my friends back at the Delhi Ice Hockey Association. I want to thank the Canucks for drafting me, I will do India proud!

Reactions: Paneerboy

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
2019-20 Trade Deadline
:hawks trade Balls Mahoney, 2021 2nd, 2020 5th to :rangers for Ryan McDonagh and Matt Puempel

I was going to be mad about this... but you're goddamn right. Balls Mahoney is going to be the biggest city and the biggest media market on the planet. New York isn't big enough to contain this man. All other teams are on notice. Balls Mahoney is about to make the Atlantic and Metro Division his personal play thing.

Reactions: Nugget910

Nugget910

Oct 4, 2017
I was going to be mad about this... but you're goddamn right. Balls Mahoney is going to be the biggest city and the biggest media market on the planet. New York isn't big enough to contain this man. All other teams are on notice. Balls Mahoney is about to make the Atlantic and Metro Division his personal play thing.
Buster Hymen welcomes Balls Mahoney to NY

Reactions: Weylspin

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Currently simming through the 2020-21 season, it's currently Dec 1st and W. Strangler made the opening night NHL roster, as an update he currently has 23 GP 0 G 0 A and is a -8 playing on a pairing with L. Sbisa in Vegas

Everyone drafted in 2018 is currently in the AHL some midseason notables:
For the AHL rookie scoring lead L. Obranec leads with 26pts, followed by C. McGregor (25) and N. Kurtz (24)

C. McGregor leads in PIM with 46 with D. East close behind with 41

With Goalies the only one in the pros is S. Ballsdeep and he's currently in Utica. He's backing up Mike Condon currently and is 1-4

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
Breaking News: Sandeep Ballsdeep demands trade.

The 5'7 goalie is said to be unhappy with his role in the AHL and with Demko in front of him he doesn't have much of a path to a starting role. His agent has said if he doesn't get a trade by the offseason he will sign back in the Delhi Ice Hockey Association.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
McGregor on his thoughts regarding not making the team this season:

Attachments

• images (40)_new.jpg
    images (40)_new.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 5

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Currently simming through the 2020-21 season, it's currently Dec 1st and W. Strangler made the opening night NHL roster, as an update he currently has 23 GP 0 G 0 A and is a -8 playing on a pairing with L. Sbisa in Vegas

Everyone drafted in 2018 is currently in the AHL some midseason notables:
For the AHL rookie scoring lead L. Obranec leads with 26pts, followed by C. McGregor (25) and N. Kurtz (24)

C. McGregor leads in PIM with 46 with D. East close behind with 41

With Goalies the only one in the pros is S. Ballsdeep and he's currently in Utica. He's backing up Mike Condon currently and is 1-4

Poor Strangler.

I like the 2nd bolded part though :yo:

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The 2020-21 Season has been completed and the stats have been posted below!
Stats
L. Obranec while leading the league in points, tore his ACL taking him out for the rest of the season.
B. Hymen came out of nowhere after a slow start to the season and tore up the league for the second half of the season, bumping the Rangers affiliate from last to a near miss playoff spot earning him MVP of the season.
N. Tryamkicetime suffered two injuries, first breaking his leg and second a broken finger which took him out for the most of the season.
C. McGregor came out flying scoring the most goals in the league with 49 earning himself the Willie Marshall Award.
Finally Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning when asked about the newest goalie controversy with S. Ballsdeep gave this statement at the end of season press conference "Well we uh think that Ballsdeep is a real good goaltender, we spoke with his agent already and I feel there is no goalie controversy. We are planning on holding on to him for the near future so that we can go forward with a real gud goalie tandem, without controversy. When asked any questions about the threat of leaving the league, Benning deflected the comment and talked about Gudbranson instead.

Edit: After 10 min of frustration I finally managed to post the stats... Someone please let me know if it doesn't work for anyone

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
The 2020-21 Season has been completed and the stats have been posted below!
Stats
L. Obranec while leading the league in points, tore his ACL taking him out for the rest of the season.
B. Hymen came out of nowhere after a slow start to the season and tore up the league for the second half of the season, bumping the Rangers affiliate from last to a near miss playoff spot earning him MVP of the season.
N. Tryamkicetime suffered two injuries, first breaking his leg and second a broken finger which took him out for the most of the season.
C. McGregor came out flying scoring the most goals in the league with 49 earning himself the Willie Marshall Award.
Finally Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning when asked about the newest goalie controversy with S. Ballsdeep gave this statement at the end of season press conference "Well we uh think that Ballsdeep is a real good goaltender, we spoke with his agent already and I feel there is no goalie controversy. We are planning on holding on to him for the near future so that we can go forward with a real gud goalie tandem, without controversy. When asked any questions about the threat of leaving the league, Benning deflected the comment and talked about Gudbranson instead.

Edit: After 10 min of frustration I finally managed to post the stats... Someone please let me know if it doesn't work for anyone

It's working fine for me!

40 points in 43 games for Obranec, not bad for a defenseman. Nice to see that his point shot is paying off, with 17 goals (7 on the PP).

Thanks for doing this :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->