Frölunda prospects in draft (Eller, Andersson, Hjalmarsson, Gistedt, Hellgren)

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Really nice article:handclap: One thing though: The norwegian winger Martin Ylvin, doesn't he play with Frolunda? I've seen him taken in the last couple of rounds in some of the mocks...

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Good read. I saw that earlier today and was only gonna scan through it but ended up reading the whole thing. :)

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Thats actually quite shocking how many of the top European prospects for this draft are property of Frolunda:amazed:

Oh and the money they'll get when all those kids are signed.

Hmm, wait a sec, they had the worst season (the A team that is) in years (missing the playoff), still they're number three in europe in home audience.

And checking their financial report they are chucking off lots of money minor clubs in the area.

It takes guts to let the young guns play, it also takes guts to say "sorry, I can't find enough ice time for you on this team, I'll ship you somewhere else".

Allowing young players to evolve isn't just letting them play with the A team, shipping them off to a tier-2 or tier-3 team, where they'll get some ice time, is just as valuable.

The A team is of course important, because it's the money maker, it's the part of the operation that feeds all the other parts. But in return it also feeds on all the other parts.

Keeping that balance, showing up the glorious A team, while silently beavering away on all other levels, is what keeps good teams good.

And this is where SEL and NHL teams differ.
SEL team go all the way down to kiddie hockey, both in their own name, and by supporting several other local teams.

There's no grants, since all (1:st,) 2:nd and 3:rd level education is free for all Nordic citizens within the Nordic nations. There's no draft.

Junior players sign up with the clubs that they think that can evolve them the best.

A good track record with juniors means that juniors want to sign, which in the end gives the A team a very good selection to pick from (and a massive amount of players in the NHL draft).

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
It never hurts to doublecheck if you think you've spotted a mistake.
I guess it's nitpicking, but after double checking i still think i might have spotted some kind of mistake:
"This year, a quintet of players from the junior championship team – Lars Eller, Simon Hjalmarsson, Joakim Andersson, goaltender Joel Gistedt and defenseman Jens Hellgren – expect to be selected in the draft. All but Hellgren are likely to go on the first day of the draft. In fact, Eller, Hjalmarsson and Andersson are all potential first round or early second-round picks."
This year only the first round it's on the first day, so early second round would mean second day! :D

Not a problem... it happens. I wrote an article a few weeks ago where I referred to Jaro Lehterä as Tero Lehterä.
Speaking of which, wasn't his name Jori instead of Jaro? :dunno:

btw, i see you're working hard these days :)
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=318108&page=NewsPage&service=page

both (Frolunda's and sleepers') were really interesting readings, appreciated!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad