• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Very nice. According to www.swehockey.se. Swedens best forward in the game was the small, technical and fast forward Johan Nilsson. Who is a copy of Fredrik Pettersson actually(both are 176 cm tall, petterssons # is 16 and Nilssons is 15# and both shoot Right).

Although I think Pettersson is better. Ive seen both play a number of times.

Its a very individually skilled swedish team.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
You learn something new everydya don't you?

• A 16-year-old who impressed was Finnish winger Robert Nyholm. Nearly 6’2, Nyholm is big and fast. More than one Swedish defenseman coughed up the puck due to his hard work.

6'2 at 16? Impressive,
Nyholm Robert, HIFK A P:14 2+4=6 +3
Pretty good with players 2-3 years older than him..

What did he look like for those who saw him, has he got future potential?

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
US completely dominated, stsrt to finish. Johnson, with two assists and actually had another that they didn't give him, was by far and away the most dominant player on the ice. His control of the PP, physical play and overall presence were unbelieveable. Jason Bailey, with more ice time, was better and more of a presence each shift. According to several NHL GM's, Johnson certainly could move up in the rankings. I believe he's currently 4 to 6 in draft order. Stoa, Mueller were terrific as was Frazee in goal.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
Wow this Four nation tournament is making me look good calling Skille the dorkhorse of the year. I played highschool vs him in Wisconsin and he's the real deal.
I'm curious... in this post, you stated:
X-SHARKIE said:
I will be laughing my head off....at any team...if somone takes Jack Skille in the top 10 let alone possibly 1st round. Big laughter from me.
What made you change your view on him?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
US completely dominated, stsrt to finish. Johnson, with two assists and actually had another that they didn't give him, was by far and away the most dominant player on the ice. His control of the PP, physical play and overall presence were unbelieveable. Jason Bailey, with more ice time, was better and more of a presence each shift. According to several NHL GM's, Johnson certainly could move up in the rankings. I believe he's currently 4 to 6 in draft order. Stoa, Mueller were terrific as was Frazee in goal.

IMO, Johnson could go as high as three, and if someone REALLY likes him, ahead of Brule at two.

X-SHARKIE

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=105234

Dark Horse Sleeper:::: Forward Jack Skille.... I don't know where he is going to play this year, but I know he well attend Wisconsin soon He's awesome.. I played with him/vs him since I was a kid and I know what he has..... He's got elite wheels and one of the fastest players in the draft....amazing acceleration.....He's a pure goal scorer, can be said as a "puck hog" but his shot is very accurate and quick....very deceptive. Might not have a huge year if in the USNTDP but when it's all said and done should make one GM very very happy.

What can I say he is having a great year and really left an impression on me when I saw him earlier this year and he’s playing excellent, he’s grown and added muscle, he looks like a 1st round talent, When I posted that quote you got of him that was before the year ever started. Why can’t I say he’s a great talent after seeing him grow? I didn’t even know Zetterberg before he was drafted, yet I love watching him play now, changing opinions on players is how it is, especially at this age and they’re growing.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
What can I say he is having a great year and really left an impression on me when I saw him earlier this year and he’s playing excellent, he’s grown and added muscle, he looks like a 1st round talent, When I posted that quote you got of him that was before the year ever started. Why can’t I say he’s a great talent after seeing him grow? I didn’t even know Zetterberg before he was drafted, yet I love watching him play now, changing opinions on players is how it is, especially at this age and they’re growing.

Well it was a complete 180 degree turn in your opinion of Skille and within just a few months. It seems strange to do so, especially if you've known him for years.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
Hab Fan said:

ah...its good to be a U of MN Gopher fan! :D

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
steblick said:
Well it was a complete 180 degree turn in your opinion of Skille and within just a few months. It seems strange to do so, especially if you've known him for years.
Exactly.

It is very strange, which is why I asked. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, because I know I've changed my opinion on players before. Such as Kari Lehtonen, when he was hailed the next great goalie prospect... I didn't buy the hype, and thought he was overrated. However, I hadn't even seen him at that point, so I was ignorant to his skills. When I finally did get the chance to see him, I completely changed my view.

X-SHARKIE

steblick said:

How did I completely change my view on him? I just said I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick? Then much like Postman did on Lehtonen, After seeing Skille two years later this year against Harvard...I was taken back...I new the kid was good just not that good.

But going on the record saying I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick, to now saying he's worth a 20-30th overall pick, Yeah i'm higher now on him, but I didn't do a 180 turn on him.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
But going on the record saying I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick, to now saying he's worth a 20-30th overall pick, Yeah i'm higher now on him, but I didn't do a 180 turn on him.
From "I will be laughing my head off....at any team...if somone takes Jack Skille in the top 10 let alone possibly 1st round" to "the dorkhorse of the year" is a pretty damn big shift in opinion if you ask me.

88Nords19

Apr 7, 2003
Alma
Visit site
steblick said:

Not the first time we've seen this kind of thing from X-Sharkie. To maybe a smaller extent the same thing happened with Cogliano. Without digging thru past messages, one month you're in love with the guy saying you like him to be top 5 in 2005, the next month he's not even in the 1st round of your mock. Yep, I understand Cogs had a slow start and his ranking has definitely taken a hit. Just hard to take you seriously sometimes with your flip-flops, especially when you say you love watching Cogliano play when you've only ever seen him on a sports highlight.

If any of these facts are wrong, my apologies, just going from memory.

X-SHARKIE

88Nords19 said:
Not the first time we've seen this kind of thing from X-Sharkie. To maybe a smaller extent the same thing happened with Cogliano. Without digging thru past messages, one month you're in love with the guy saying you like him to be top 5 in 2005, the next month he's not even in the 1st round of your mock. Yep, I understand Cogs had a slow start and his ranking has definitely taken a hit. Just hard to take you seriously sometimes with your flip-flops, especially when you say you love watching Cogliano play when you've only ever seen him on a sports highlight.

If any of these facts are wrong, my apologies, just going from memory.

I guess you got me there. I flip flop. Where is the crime? I loved Ryan Mior before the draft but after watching him this year I really question his 1st round status. If I didn't flip flop I would still be thinking Pavel Brendl is going to be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL, when clearly he has proven me he won't be. So why should I not jump on a players bandwagon? or Jump off of it if his play isn't were it should be, or is excelling past my expectations?
I just don't get the big deal?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
steblick said:

It's not strange if you've known X-Sharkie for that long.

One month, Anikeenko is the 3rd best guy in the draft and the next Chris Pronger, a couple of McKeen readings later, he's not in his top 30.

Praise the tapes!

X-SHARKIE

Vlad The Impaler said:
It's not strange if you've known X-Sharkie for that long.

One month, Anikeenko is the 3rd best guy in the draft and the next Chris Pronger, a couple of McKeen readings later, he's not in his top 30.

Praise the tapes!

The next Chris Progner? What?

Edit: I will take your guys advice and I won't go nuts over a guy from only one viewing or having a friend ooooze about a guy, in this case moosefan told me about him after a U-17 tournament. But it's hard because that's all I got. So when I see a guy like Alex Bourret skate around oponets, show great vision and hands, and show alot of grit on eastlink.ca for example... It's hard for me to think any negative on him simply because I haven't seen any.
Sorry this thread got ruined. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->