Line Combos: Forward Line Combos with Matthews injured

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I would like to see how most will deal with the injury to Matthews if it is indeed long term.

I'd like to see:

Hyman - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Leivo - Lindholm - Brown
Johnsson - Goat - Moore

I think its time to end the Ennis experiment. Lets reward a energy player from the Marlies. Nylander can slot in the 3rd line and push Brown down when he signs.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
For now, I'd expect Lindholm goes back to C and Johnsson returns to the lineup. Call up a vet option for the pressbox. Longer term need could change things. Just as with Nylander's absence, there's potentially an opportunity here for someone that wouldn't have otherwise received it.

Hyman-Tavares-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
Johnsson-Gauthier-Ennis

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
For now, I'd expect Lindholm goes back to C and Johnsson returns to the lineup. Call up a vet option for the pressbox. Longer term need could change things. Just as with Nylander's absence, there's potentially an opportunity here for someone that wouldn't have otherwise received it.

Hyman-Tavares-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
Johnsson-Gauthier-Ennis

Yup except I may tri AJ on the 3rd line to try and get him going

Reactions: Buds17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
my guess:

hyman-jt-kappy
marleau-kadri-marner
ennis-lindholm-brown
johnsson-goat-leivo

top 2 lines get around 20 mins each

third line and fourth line split the 20 mins depending on who is playing better

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yup except I may tri AJ on the 3rd line to try and get him going

Can't argue that. I was just going by what we've seen. Great obviously if Johnsson shows enough to move up. Hope Matthews isn't out for too long, but in the event it is for a bit, it potentially gives Johnsson that extended stretch of games he hasn't had yet this season. Good opportunity. (Edit: looks like it is Johnsson on that 3rd line. There's that opportunity!)

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Excited to see MarKadMar back. These are the best lines at the moment. 1 of our best line drivers is injured and the other is in a contract dispute. Splitting JT and Marner up for the time being is the best way to ensure we still have 2 lines contributing offensively

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Excited to see MarKadMar back. These are the best lines at the moment. 1 of our best line drivers is injured and the other is in a contract dispute. Splitting JT and Marner up for the time being is the best way to ensure we still have 2 lines contributing offensively

I think that line should be a thing until Marleau retires tbh. I hope Kappy can secure the wing position on JT's line for sure. Nylander can take his old spot back if he signs.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
Upset that Matthews is out, but as a hockey nerd I'm really interested in Monday's game with these change ups. Overall, looking at the forward lines right now I REALLY wish we had Nylander, we look really average with this lineup.

Tavares line: Holy **** we are lucky to get JT this offseason. One of the best parts about him is that we can put 2 middle six wingers and get a quality top 50 line in the NHL, and he meshes amazingly with basically everyone.

Kadri line: I love that Babcock put this line back together! Marleau hasn't looked good this year, and I think he will thrive on this unit with 2 elite transition players and puck carriers. As a clear third option I think we are using him better than with Matthews/Kap. Kadri has looked great all year so obviously I'm happy he's playing with Marner. These guys work great together, Kadri is a natural rebound/ net front goal scorer and Marner is elite at putting it there for him. Its really unfortunate that Johnsson has regressed this year because a playmaking winger is what he needs the most.

Lindholm line: This is a below average third line to put it cleanly. Speaking of Johnsson this is a huge opportunity for him because we really need him to thrive for this line to do anything offensively. Tbh I don't think this is putting Johnsson in a position to succeed and he should be tried higher in the lineup instead of Marleau, but that clearly won't happen for a while.

Goat line: I don't mind this line because it has Leivo on it, it will be fine. I really hope our playoff lineup has Lindholm-Brown as the regulars on this line

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
you know how to play the trap? look no further than the transition that with both mitch and naz give and go play there; look how naz shifts to the left and mitch passes him the puck on that Gardiner goal to gain the zone it was done beautifully

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

tenor.gif

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kind of dice-roll with Marleau/Kadri/Marner back together.
Not sure you get a +3 or a minus 3 with them. When Kadri and
Marner smell blood, they're like sharks. Any turnover and the
play is easily going the other way. Think if it looks like Marleau
isn't doing much, might actually be that line being at it's most efficient.
It will be entertaining, but watching the opposition break out against
Jake Gardiner isn't my idea of fun either.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00