Forum Housekeeping (aka "what should go here")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Lately a lot of threads have popped up in here - some actually belong, some belong in some aspects but not entirely, and then some are getting started here just because.

As a reminder, this is the "Business of Hockey" forum. As stated on the home page, "Financial aspects of hockey. Lockout and CBA-related discussion goes here." Other things that go here include the inevitable relocation talk (see the "Teams moving/relocating threads" sticky) and discussions about the major networks as long as it's league-related. The official TV broadcast schedules should be posted here; I'll even allow threads on (insert name here) leaving/joining as long as it's related to the games being broadcast. Otherwise, it shouldn't go here.

This will be edited as needed, but please try to keep threads on-topic for this forum going forward.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
From the home office:

Gee Wally said:
generally speaking if somebody adds nothing to a board but flaming or fanning the fire....ban him from the board.
So ... the continual bashing of any current or past team or market and its alleged level of support for hockey based on ratings/attendance/number of miles biked on a Saturday afternoon will stop immediately. I think everyone here has had their chance to get $.02 in on this, and some people have figuratively deposited hundreds of dollars in comments in the process. Enough - this is only infuriating fans of the teams involved, and I'm sure they don't appreciate it. In fact, I'm positive some people who aren't involved either way don't appreciate it.

If you want to discuss the long-term viability of a given market, fine - but starting threads and/or making posts with the intent of attacking some group of people for your own personal agenda (whichever side it happens to be) may result in an infraction, and continuing those tactics will be grounds for being tossed from the forum completely.

Examples of what's OK and what's not will be posted here shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->