Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Played two matches last night on Switch.

Died immediately in the first one. Then lasted a little bit long the second time just running around on my own.

I like the art style and the world they built but I am not sure if the gameplay is for me.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
A lot of people made at Sony. No crossplay was one thing, but Sony locks your Epic account if you log in on a PS4. You can’t play a game on the Switch.

Doesn’t really affect me as I’m an XB1 user, but I found it annoying I had to create a separate account to play with my friends on PS4 (I own that, too). I wish I could log in and complete my challenges and level up while playing with my PS4 friends.

Tested out the new thermal scoped rifle and wasn't that impressed with it. The accuracy is pretty bad from distances. Short to medium distances it's pretty good

It’s OP if you’re good with your shots. Has a lot of recoil, so you can’t spam shoot, but 70+ damage on headshots is insane for it.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It’s OP if you’re good with your shots. Has a lot of recoil, so you can’t spam shoot, but 70+ damage on headshots is insane for it.
Yeah I was mainly using it for longer type shots in the sniper LTM. Short to medium range it's definitely effective.

I used it in a 50 vs 50 match last night and it was rough deciphering who was your teammate and who wasn't. Teammates should show up as a different color or the indicator above their head be more pronounced. All I saw was glowing bodies everywhere :laugh:

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
FYI I don't think kills with the AR count in 50 vs 50. However, it's probably the best mode to get the pickaxe damage challenge completed. Knock a guy and eliminate him with the pickaxe

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
FYI I don't think kills with the AR count in 50 vs 50. However, it's probably the best mode to get the pickaxe damage challenge completed. Knock a guy and eliminate him with the pickaxe

I got my AR challenge for week 7 in 50v50 but it seems wonky, my buddy had 4 AR kills in a map and only had 2 count. Like when you knock a guy but don't eliminate him it doesn't always register.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I got my AR challenge for week 7 in 50v50 but it seems wonky, my buddy had 4 AR kills in a map and only had 2 count. Like when you knock a guy but don't eliminate him it doesn't always register.
Interesting. I only played a few games last night but had 2-3 AR kills that I didn’t physically eliminate them with the AR but they died without anyone else eliminating them. None of those counted so I wonder if you do have to fully finish them off

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Interesting. I only played a few games last night but had 2-3 AR kills that I didn’t physically eliminate them with the AR but they died without anyone else eliminating them. None of those counted so I wonder if you do have to fully finish them off

ya pretty sure it's buggy right now

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The whole elimination challenges are buggy.

I once had a Daily Challenge of sniper elimination and I got it by watching two teams fight, and when someone was already down, I sniped them to finish it off. I had no eliminations that game but I got it.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I haven't really been a fan of the skins in Season 4. The only one that kind of interests me is the newest legendary one they released last night, and only because of the cape and pick axe.

However, Season 4 has been really cool. I like the story aspect of the game.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
New thermal rifle is really nice but shoots slow. Nice balance though. Need the return of Gold or Blitz though. I really think at some point Fornite might think about a ranking system - there is a bit of a learning curve especially when it comes to building. Right now it could be your 1st game against a guy or team with a 1000 wins. I can see many beginners being turned off out of the gate.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Tomorrow I'll finally unlock Omega, after completing every daily challenge, every weekly challenge and reaching Level 76. Also pretty close to Level 80 and not having to worry about not unlocking the full-form Omega.

The new Stink Bomb is kind of fun. I got a chance to use it in the new LTM and it's hilarious to see how quickly people jump out of their base. It could be deadly while they're trying to heal up.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I got a stink bomb kill and the killfeed said "(my gamertag) dealt it and (their gamertag) smelled it". I lol'd.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I like how they make map updates every week to keep the fans guessing. I will say I haven't played much mainly due to not having the time but also due to the fact that I hate how every single encounter turns into a build battle.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I like how they make map updates every week to keep the fans guessing. I will say I haven't played much mainly due to not having the time but also due to the fact that I hate how every single encounter turns into a build battle.

It's gotten a little bit (tiny amount) better with the build battles. It's still annoying to play if you're not good with building like myself. The game is just starting to get stale now. I've gotten wins I've gotten 20+ kill games. Squads is fun for a bit but it's just losing its fun for me

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It's gotten a little bit (tiny amount) better with the build battles. It's still annoying to play if you're not good with building like myself. The game is just starting to get stale now. I've gotten wins I've gotten 20+ kill games. Squads is fun for a bit but it's just losing its fun for me
Yeah I'll admit I suck at building which puts me at a slight disadvantage. It's definitely losing steam from many people I've talked to. Many aren't playing it as religiously as they were the past few months. They'll have to do something pretty major to keep people wanting to get back into it IMO. I know there's been fan speculation of another major map update or another map entirely. That would be pretty awesome

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Yeah I'll admit I suck at building which puts me at a slight disadvantage. It's definitely losing steam from many people I've talked to. Many aren't playing it as religiously as they were the past few months. They'll have to do something pretty major to keep people wanting to get back into it IMO. I know there's been fan speculation of another major map update or another map entirely. That would be pretty awesome

You have to imagine that's the plan. They're no way the game will keep it's life with the same towns and same locations. The weekly tasks were a good add but even then they get boring as they are the same rotation of ideas. No doubt the game is starting to descend in player base. As long as you have Ninja playing it it'll stay high on play base however. IF guys like Ninja find a new game then IMO you'll see fortnite start to die very fast

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm interested in the new Detective skins that were data-mined today (in particular, the female one). I'm guessing that they might tie into the storyline they've been going with in Season 4, in particular the detective/government cars that can be found near hop rocks.

Version 4.5 was released today:

- New Playground LTM. You spawn on the map with just yourself or your squad, can have friendly battles, respawn, and practice building. 100 Llamas and 100% chests.
- Final Fight - 8 teams of 12 LTM
- New dual pistols available in Epic/Legendary
- SMG buff again

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The dual pistols look awesome based on the few clips I've seen on Instagram. Can't wait to jump in and try them out. Always loved using dual welded pistols in CoD

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Dual pistols are absolutely savage. I'm terrible with aiming on console, but I melted a couple players with the dual pistols easily. Also loving the SMG buff. It seems like they are really creating better options than just having shotgun battles. I really wish, however, they would limit the range on shotguns. I'm still getting killed with people shotgunning me from far away and it doesn't seem right that they can do that.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So Fortnite confirms the Rocket takes off at 1:30pm ET. You have to be in-game at that time to witness the takeoff and it will only happen once.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad