Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Im probably at 1500 games, youll get there.

I still struggle mightly in 1v1 close encounters. I can snipe with the best of em but shotgunning is hard.
I'm getting better at sniping now. It's a learning curve to shoot at where people are gonna be and how the bullet will fall.

I was always good at shotgunning but I think that comes from my Destiny days as a dirty shotgunner. I think part of that is also waiting to fire when the player falls into your spread. It's like sniping but closer really. Shotgun 1 v 1s turn into jump matches so you just have to anticipate where the player will fall and fire at where they'll fall onto their feet.

I struggle most with distance AR fights. I can't deal with the bullet inaccuracy. Put a SCAR in my hand and I'll kill anyone at most distances. But the other two I struggle at long range.

I'm starting to get better with SMGs but still need work with both pistol types. For some reason the stock pistol has really slow lateral movement when ADSing and it makes for easy escapes for the people I'm trying to shoot.

This isn't me but this is an absolutely insane play on Fortnite.

I play on Xbox and can generally get 3+ kills and place top 25 but my building and loot finding are lacking. Not sure of a game that can get my heart racing quite as much, which typically makes me forget to build when in a fight. If anyone wants to play duos/squads my gamertag is OriginalCashew feel free to add me and send an invite.

That's about where I'm at though I do occasionally have games with 5-9 kills. My best single game was 13 kills and it was Squads too.

Last edited:

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I really like the silenced pistol. I've dealt some solid damage with that, especially ringing off multiple headshots in a few seconds for 56ish damage each. Had a play the other night I snuck up behind two guys out of the storm. Tagged one for 26 with the pistol, he hides behind his cover. So I turn to his teammate, get a few head and body shots to drop him. The first guy pokes around the corner and I eliminate him with a head shot from a green burst. They were being shot at by a sniper on a ridge, so I get behind their cover, pick up the blue bolt and snipe the remaining guy.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
People underrate the burst ar. You gotta know how to use it (it’s only good for distance fights) but it’s better then a regular ar. ESP when It’s green/blue.

My setup is usually. Burst ar (or scar)/shotgun/snipe/grenades or rockets/ med

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I would run double pump but I don’t like that control scheme (standard with double pump is a bad strat). I would use it but I don’t like bumpers for building.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I see epic finally let you change your own display name. Finally. I didn't want to play this as my display name was very similar to my login name for other accounts I have. Just changed it though. Downloading this now. Pretty excited.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
You get used to the bumpers quick enough. The problem is managing jumping/aim.
I solved this issue with my Elite controller for Xbox. I have crouch and jump on the left paddles, and pick up/open and shoot on the right paddles. Now that I think about it maybe I should map the shoot paddle to the B paddle to get into building while still being able to aim.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I solved this issue with my Elite controller for Xbox. I have crouch and jump on the left paddles, and pick up/open and shoot on the right paddles. Now that I think about it maybe I should map the shoot paddle to the B paddle to get into building while still being able to aim.

An Xbox elite controller ? Damn, I'm a peasant.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Started playing this 3 days ago. Already played 45 matches.

XjvVECY.png

No idea how that compares. I just know I really enjoy playing it

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I still find those sooo expensive. Are they really worth it ? I have a hard time justifying 150 in a controller.
I got it with money I got for Christmas but I was in the same boat as you wondering if it was worth it. As soon as I started using it I was convinced it was worth it. The extra paddles are insanely useful, and it is heavier so it feels great. It has different thumb sticks that you can interchange, and settings to change the sensitivity of the thumb sticks and triggers. I think I paid $130ish, had a $25 gift card and got free shipping. The comments I've seen said the rubber starts to peel back but after a month I haven't seen any wear like that. To me it is worth, but it may not be for you. I'd suggest finding someone you know to let you try it out.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Started playing this 3 days ago. Already played 45 matches.

XjvVECY.png

No idea how that compares. I just know I really enjoy playing it
Fine KD for a new player but you probably track badly on the map because your matches are short. Try finding a landing spot where you wont have to fight more than one person and that gives you full shield and at least one end game weapon.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I played about 6 or 7 games. I'm pretty bad, but it was fun. Gonna take some getting used to. Got top 25 like my 3rd game, but that's because no one landed near me.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Found myself in a situation were I was one of the last 5 players remaining yesterday 3 or so times in duos and squads. Still haven't won one yet. Combinations of no ammo or low power weapons caused my errors, well once I potatoed while building in a 1v1v2 situation. I feel like once I break the win barrier they will come more consistently.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Hopefully I can start converting these 2nd place finishes into wins. Legit finished 2nd 4 times yesterday.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
My squad game was a drop in with randoms. We landed at Fatal, one died quickly, then the three of us ran around together. The other two got melted by a team that I cleaned up. Was able to save one then he decided to build a staircase 10 high 1 wide and was stuck. I left him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you guys play in duo or squad make sure you always, always move together. Like, always have vision.
My brother is an idiot. he's gotten decent at the core functions of the gameplay but every time he sees other squads going to where our designated landing area is he immediately parachutes to the nearest obscure middle of nowhere "maybe there's loot there" spots. And he never announces it. I only figure it out when our squads get run over and he's not there to support. I keep telling him that when he does that our squad might as well be playing with one dead teammate but he still does it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My brother is an idiot. he's gotten decent at the core functions of the gameplay but every time he sees other squads going to where our designated landing area is he immediately parachutes to the nearest obscure middle of nowhere "maybe there's loot there" spots. And he never announces it. I only figure it out when our squads get run over and he's not there to support. I keep telling him that when he does that our squad might as well be playing with one dead teammate but he still does it.

One of my main squad mate does that a lot and no matter how much we whine about it, he doesnt listen :laugh: hes lucky to be our IRL friend cause hed be unfriended

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->