Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
so, the first thing I did yesterday was watch a replay. challenge didn't register at first but then I googled it and saw the challenge was broken. mysteriously, like many hours after I watched a replay, it said I completed the challenge so I thought it was fixed. log on today and see they replaced the replay challenge with revive players. however, it did not take away my battle stars from the replay challenge so essentially imma get an extra 5 stars when I revive people.

tldr: score one for the little guy

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Apparently the Rubber Ducky challenge isn’t working for me. I found over 10 different ducks and they haven’t registered. It says I only found 4

Edit: And now it isn’t registering the sniper rifle eliminations. Seems like my challenges are broken

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Apparently the Rubber Ducky challenge isn’t working for me. I found over 10 different ducks and they haven’t registered. It says I only found 4

Edit: And now it isn’t registering the sniper rifle eliminations. Seems like my challenges are broken

Are the snipers in solos? Because I downed someone with a hunting rifle in 50v50, shot them again when they were down, but it didn’t count as a sniper elimination. It’s kind of precise, I guess.

The ducks are just a glitch, I guess. I once got the treasure map star in a 50v50 and it didn’t count so I’d believe it.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
50v50 seems to be the problem. Only certain challenges can be done there. I tried out a solo match this morning and completed both challenges.

50v50 seems to only be good for revivals, pistol damage, tilted eliminations and finding the chests at lonely lodge

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Week 4 challenges leaked:

Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifle [0/1000] (5)
Search chests in Wailing Woods [0/7] (5)
Search 7 ammo boxes in a single match [0/7] (5)
Visit the centre of different storm circles in a single match [0/3] (5)
Search between a Bench, Ice Cream Truck and Helicopter [0/1] (10)
Trap Eliminators [0/1] (10)
Eliminate opponents in Snobby Shores [0/3] (10)

The visiting centre of three different storm circles in a single match is going to be difficult. And trap eliminations will be annoying since the nerf.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Week 4 challenges leaked:

Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifle [0/1000] (5)
Search chests in Wailing Woods [0/7] (5)
Search 7 ammo boxes in a single match [0/7] (5)
Visit the centre of different storm circles in a single match [0/3] (5)
Search between a Bench, Ice Cream Truck and Helicopter [0/1] (10)
Trap Eliminators [0/1] (10)
Eliminate opponents in Snobby Shores [0/3] (10)

The visiting centre of three different storm circles in a single match is going to be difficult. And trap eliminations will be annoying since the nerf.

I feel like the storm circle one will be annoying, but doable. Trap eliminations shouldn't be that bad at all actually since its an elimination and not an outright kill. Get into a duos or squads game, down your opponent or find one who's already down, and just build a little base around them while lining the walls with traps. If you do it quick enough, chances are they'll move and boom, challenge done.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
ppl got a weird vitriol for this game. Maybe cause of the art direction, or the fact that it's the most popular game. I really can't tell , but I'm kinda happy its coming in from the outside looking in. The actual Fortnite community (albeit very young) is one of the most pleasant gaming communities i've been apart of.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Used an old giftcard to get the Save the World since I heard it was pretty fun. It's grindy but is more fun than I thought it would be. It's actually helped me a tiny bit with building and I learned how to edit with it lol. I also in only two days of playing grinded out 1200 VBucks which I used to buy the Battlepass, which in turn has made BR more fun because of all the weekly challenges. And all for me spending $0. I'd recommend it even if for just grinding out VBucks.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I finished my Week 4 challenges in a few hours.

- The trap elimination wasn't too bad, but the community seems to actually help you a little on this one. I downed an opponent and placed a trap and he went straight into it. I ended up having to do it again, though, and got an emery down, shot them once and placed the trap. Not bad, really. A little annoying.

- The middle of the storm was, by far, the most difficult. A lot of people will be waiting near the middle for you. I recommend doing it in the Solid Gold LTM and hoping you have a decent team. It helps that our game ended at Loot Lake so it was easier to get around.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Sometimes I watch other people as a spectator and it looks like they're using a mouse peripheral, is that possible on ps4?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Does anyone else wish there was a mode with no building or just significantly less building?

I prefer Fortnite's less focus on loot and more on action to something like PUBG, but I just can't get over how cheesy it is for everyone's first reaction to everything is to build some cover or giant building.

Reactions: tmurfin

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
State of Development - V5

Practice mode incoming YESSS

"Playground LTM (v1)
The Playground LTM will load you into the Battle Royale Map with some adjusted settings.

Battle and build to your heart's content with an extended period of time to roam around the map as well as increased resource generation. All treasure chests and ammo crates will be spawned, try droppin’ in different spots and scope out the loot. Friendly fire is on so you can scrimmage with your squad (up to 4 friends per match), but fear not you’ll respawn immediately.

Oh … and Lloads of Llamas. "

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Won the only game I played last night. Dropped into a Gold only game mode solo with a fill squad. Three of us drop in at the shipping container area and one person gets killed right away. I was a half second late to reviving him. The solo that dropped on the opposite side of the map died shortly after. Had a no skin follow me around for most of the game. Caught a guy in a 1x1 healing and took him out. The no skin ran off and died, so I shot a rocket at that guy, downed him then finished him off. I'm solo and there are about 8-10 people left, I hide off behind a tree to let themselves work it out. Shortly before the storm starts pushing I flank in behind a guy, tag him with a Deagle, then clean him up with a shotgun blast. Now I am looking at a 1v1v1 in the divot one guy is off to my NW in a structure, the other is to my NE but is above me on a cliff so he has no line of sight. I line up the guy in the divot for a snipe, head shot he's dead. Before my bullet lands he sends off a rocket at the other player to my NE. That rocket hits, destroys the base, and the player falls to his death.

Reactions: sa cyred

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
If you are having trouble with the Trap Elimination challenge, I used a tip from Reddit that got it for me on the first try. Do Solos and wait til the bus gets to the end of it's route and see if there are any AFK players. I had one guy land and stand still among some trees near Wailing and I looted nearby and found two traps then ran over to him and boxed him in and set the two traps. Easy kill. I tried a ton in 50v50 but everyone thirsts the kills so quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->