Forsberg or Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbean04

Aug 5, 2006
Nylander

Forsberg is the better player but he will make a lot more money. His salary isn't worth the risk of missed games.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
I dont know. Forsberg is such a dynamic player. The injury thing is such a drag, but man for the right kind of deal I would LOVE to see him on the Rangers.

Madness

Feb 7, 2007
Why not both, Rangers can afford it.

Jagr-Nylander-Hossa.

Straka-Forsberg-Shanahan.

But fixing the Defense is priority #1.

Staggarelli

@erikthedirector
Mar 5, 2006
Cincinnati
Hmmmmm...

Figure Skater that wont shoot or cry baby that wont play cause he broke a nail....

is there a thrid option that involes trading Nylander for a draftpick a the deadline next year???

In all seriousness thou Forsberg is too much of a gamble.. at least you know what you are getting with Nylander...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
A healthy Forsberg without question, but that's not really a reality at this point.

Forsberg when healthy is great, but at this point I'm not interested in wondering game to game whether he can play to me that's just not how I want to build me team. As he gets older I also don't see the situation getting any better.

For those reasons if I had to choose I'd take Nylander. I just don't know when that last blow will finally land for Forsberg and then you're pretty much up a creek.

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
Why not both, Rangers can afford it.

Jagr-Nylander-Hossa.

Straka-Forsberg-Shanahan.

But fixing the Defense is priority #1.

do we really need that much of a fix on defense at this point.? part of me thinks yes, but lately i'm starting to think no.. girardi has been solid, rachunek was playing his best hockey of the season before he went down with the knee he's RFA, and i think he'll be resigned.. tyutin was our best d-man all season and has come along way.. mara to me was a steal, i hated the deal at 1st b/c on paper his #'s looked awful but he's been very solid for us.. rosival and malik are signed through next season.. how much fixing can be done with 6 of the 8 d-men locked up for next season.. only liffiton and rachunek are not signed but are RFA.. what we need is a defensive system..

you want a guy that completely vanishes come playoff time.? i'll pass on datsyuk.. plus he has seemed to value himself so outrageously come contract time.. i'd steer clear..

polako

Mar 21, 2004
Hmmmmm...

Figure Skater that wont shoot or cry baby that wont play cause he broke a nail....

is there a thrid option that involes trading Nylander for a draftpick a the deadline next year???

In all seriousness thou Forsberg is too much of a gamble.. at least you know what you are getting with Nylander...

i don't know how he is with his nails, but anybody who plays through spleen problems is pretty tough in my mind.

bleedrngrblue

Dec 31, 2006
Fayetteville,N.C.
Too many people already bash a guy like Jagr and he's pretty tough......I can't imagine what they'd do to Forsberg on this site if he had an injury! Of course he'd be a "Eurowhore" while injured, soft as they come! Even if both legs were broken and he had a fractured skull!

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

for me, while i'm not a fan of his style of play, I'd take Nylander simply because he can be counted on to be in the line-up on a regular basis where as from day to day you never know with Foppa.

ATLANTARANGER*

Neither. One is too injury prone, the older has two fine seasons for us, but I think next year is the appropriate time to change directions and pass on the option (if it is the team's option and not the player's). I would like Drury, but I'm not 100% certain anymore because of the concussion. That was not his 1st and it was brutal. I want may prefer Briere, or Gomez. Gomez doesn't score enough to warrant the kind of money he will demand. I would just bid up to increase the devil's pain or whoever out west wants him.

I want someone who it gritty and who can score 25-30 goals a year and is a player maker. Sounds like Nylander, but younger. That is the key, younger. we need to close the gap between our kids and UFA we sign. The age gap needs to close.

bleedrngrblue

Dec 31, 2006
Fayetteville,N.C.
Neither. One is too injury prone, the older has two fine seasons for us, but I think next year is the appropriate time to change directions and pass on the option (if it is the team's option and not the player's). I would like Drury, but I'm not 100% certain anymore because of the concussion. That was not his 1st and it was brutal. I want may prefer Briere, or Gomez. Gomez doesn't score enough to warrant the kind of money he will demand. I would just bid up to increase the devil's pain or whoever out west wants him.

I want someone who it gritty and who can score 25-30 goals a year and is a player maker. Sounds like Nylander, but younger. That is the key, younger. we need to close the gap between our kids and UFA we sign. The age gap needs to close.

Easier said than done......and it will cost alot more to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad