Forsberg off to Turin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

There is a good chance he might not play at all, so the flyers fans shouldn't get too upset about this news.

personally I am glad he is atleast going.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Go ahead Peter, enjoy your time in Turin. However, if you decide to play at less than 100 percent and re-injure yourself in this tournament, you will not to be well received in Philadelphia upon your return.

I think all of us agree that a healthy Forsberg is a great addition to the Olympics, so lets just hope he makes the right decisions for team Sweden, for the Flyers, and for himself.

AgentNaslund*

good for him. The best players in the world should be there. Peter Forsberg is one of them. Good for Sweden, good for the competition.

SChan*

Gags1288 said:
Go ahead Peter, enjoy your time in Turin. However, if you decide to play at less than 100 percent and re-injure yourself in this tournament, you will not to be well received in Philadelphia upon your return.

why so? Any star player can get injured in olympics.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Gags1288 said:

I think all of us agree that a healthy Forsberg is a great addition to the Olympics, so lets just hope he makes the right decisions for team Sweden, for the Flyers, and for himself.

Honestly, do you think he should turn down the greatest honor an athlete can be rewarded, just because he MIGHT get injured?
That's some stupid argument.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
I wonder who is going to replace him in the first two games. Since he is 13th forward, and BÃ…G probably wants to keep the other units intact, we might actually end up with Mika Hannula on the 2nd line. :biglaugh:

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
I wonder who is going to replace him in the first two games. Since he is 13th forward, and BÃ…G probably wants to keep the other units intact, we might actually end up with Mika Hannula on the 2nd line. :biglaugh:

that's why nylander should be on this team regardless.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Vikke said:
Honestly, do you think he should turn down the greatest honor an athlete can be rewarded, just because he MIGHT get injured?
That's some stupid argument.
HE'S ALREADY INJURED and that is the point. If he wasn't injured, if he hadn't missed the past 8 games, if he hadn't had groin problems throughout his entire career, if the MRI he had hadn't shown problems then I would have absolutely no problem with him playing, in fact I would love to see him play.

I love watching Peter Forsberg play hockey and I'd love to watch him play against the best players in the world and dominate the best players in the world. That being said, I obviously care a lot more about the success of the Flyers then team Sweden.

He's going to Turin and I have no problem with that. He said that he's not going to play unless he's 100 percent healthy and if he keeps to that promise then i'll have no problem with his decision. However, if he decides to try to push himself at less than 100 percent and re-injures himself because he came back too soon than I will have a HUGE problem with his decision.

SChan*

Leo Naphta said:
Forsberg won't be registered tomorrow, so they are clearly not certain if he can play at all.

he is skipping first two games, but might play after that.

shawn_kemp*

Great news! I really hope he doesn't skip the second game against Russia as it could be the key match for the 1st place in the group.

SChan*

shawn_kemp said:
Great news! I really hope he doesn't skip the second game against Russia as it could be the key match for the 1st place in the group.

sorry, it's already official he wont play against russia.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Gags1288 said:
HE'S ALREADY INJURED and that is the point. If he wasn't injured, if he hadn't missed the past 8 games, if he hadn't had groin problems throughout his entire career, if the MRI he had hadn't shown problems then I would have absolutely no problem with him playing, in fact I would love to see him play.

I love watching Peter Forsberg play hockey and I'd love to watch him play against the best players in the world and dominate the best players in the world. That being said, I obviously care a lot more about the success of the Flyers then team Sweden.

He's going to Turin and I have no problem with that. He said that he's not going to play unless he's 100 percent healthy and if he keeps to that promise then i'll have no problem with his decision. However, if he decides to try to push himself at less than 100 percent and re-injures himself because he came back too soon than I will have a HUGE problem with his decision.

Bang on ! :clap:

Cmoneyflyguy

Jul 13, 2005
Wayne, Pa
:madfire:
I could care less iff he got injured in the Olympics if he was healthy when he left.
But going when he's hurt is upsetting to say the least.
We'll see how this pans out

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
shawn_kemp said:
Aren't you supposed to support Russia ? :innocent:

Lindros_for_rizzle_

Oct 20, 2005
Gags1288 said:

yeah yeah whatever..typical philly fans...punk...so you´re not happy enough with Nittys, Kapanens rejection, you want all europeans to reject? Only the NA´s can play...whatever...ignorant...*

SChan*

Lindros_for_rizzle_ said:
yeah yeah whatever..typical philly fans...punk...so you´re not happy enough with Nittys, Kapanens rejection, you want all europeans to reject? Only the NA´s can play...whatever...ignorant...*

if the flyers fan just could shut up about it. They're *****ing about it everywhere. On NBC, at ESPN, here, at flyer fans messageboards. Everywhere.

I never knew there was so many flyers fans in this world :biglaugh:

maybe this is just a sign how big Forsberg really is :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad