Proposal: Forming an Alliance

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So I’ve got an idea that I wanted to run by the board. Being in a new division, I find it difficult to really find a lot of ire for our new divisional opponents, especially the likes of Dallas and Nashville, who we’ve typically been pretty buddy-buddy with.

So I propose we bring back the Wild Card Chaos Squad (renamed to something more appropriate, maybe something like South Central Chaos Squad) and ally ourselves with Dallas, Columbus, and new Squad member Nashville in an effort to take the 4 playoff spots away from the other 4 teams in the division. This basically amounts to cheering for one of the Squad when playing a non-Squad member. And it helps that Florida/Tampa Bay and Chicago/Detroit already have their own rivalries going without the rest of us really needing to get involved.

Once approved, we bring the proposal to the other Squad boards for (hopefully) their approval, at which point the alliance will be certified and the newly formed South Central Chaos Squad (or whatever we choose to call ourselves) will begin the process of getting all of us into the playoffs.

Thoughts?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's not for me but more power to you and anyone else that wants to do it. I find it pretty easy to root against anyone that might stand in our way. The chaos squad worked for me because it happened organically based on teams winning in the playoffs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
One of the things I think (or at least hope) we’ll see, is that with a lot of games against the same teams in a compact season; some rivalries, or at least some level of “ dislike” will quickly develop against other teams/fan bases that we normally wouldn’t see.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
One of the things I think (or at least hope) we’ll see, is that with a lot of games against the same teams in a compact season; some rivalries, or at least some level of “ dislike” will quickly develop against other teams/fan bases that we normally wouldn’t see.

I am hoping we can reignite the rivalry with the Panthers again. Those were fun times.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I am hoping we can reignite the rivalry with the Panthers again. Those were fun times.
It's always hard with the Panthers. I've been through times where I could certainly hate them but I also just feel bad for how shitty it's been for them for so long. I've been through enough awful years with the Canes and Mariners to the point I eventually am happy to see almost any fanbase at least have a little bit of fun.

I have hated the Stars (couple of big Avs games 7s back in the day where they beat us) and Wings (Avs and Canes), so even though it's not at the same level now, I think I can root against them easily enough. I don't have much hate for them, but it won't be too hard to hate on the Lightning and Hawks who have had plenty of success recently.

I don't think of Columbus as anything close to a rivalry but we do always seem to have tough games against them. Maybe having even more games with so much on the line will kindle that one a bit. We have been in some recent playoff bubble battles with them and that could be in the cards yet again.

Nashville is the only one that always seems kinda fine to me. I'd imagine we could get something going against them if we were paired together long term but it's not to be it would seem.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Don’t know. The friendliest reaction I have had when I was in character on enemy boards was with the Jets. Never tried it with any of these three.

There is also the issue of being friendly with 3/7 of the opponents. Too friendly. Two or three members in the alliance.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Now it's worth it.
always.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This season will be war. I get that you need friends In That situation but uhhh f*** that shit. f*** each and every last one of the teams we face, their fans and their immediate and extended families.

I need a reason to hate people that is super trivial and not life and death public health bullshit.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
This season will be war. I get that you need friends In That situation but uhhh f*** that shit. f*** each and every last one of the teams we face, their fans and their immediate and extended families.

I need a reason to hate people that is super trivial and not life and death public health bullshit.
I can give you a list of reasons like that, but I have a feeling you can manage just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad