News Article: Former Wild player Matt Johnson reported missing

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Indeed a sad story, and another example of the pressure and fear that some enforcers live with every day. I'm glad we've only heard a few of these stories, but CTE/brain injuries/mental issues are very real. There's no doubt that drug/painkiller abuse makes everything significantly worse.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Very very hard to read that.

I can't believe the criminal amount of narcotics given to Boogie in that year (over a 1000). Just insane and so irresponsible that they should have their license to practice revoked, forever, and charged with crimes. All sports doctors who do anything like this should. And if owners are leaning on them, the owners should be too.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I'm in the middle of the medical world and I see patients who have gone to certain doctors and all they get are Rx's in stead of Rx's or referrals to other doctors and professions. It's sick.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
All of that was hard to read and see. Gotta feel for the guy to be playing in the elite of elite leagues for hockey and now that far in the gutter. Suicide attempts, substance abuse, etc....horrible.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Perhaps jail is the best thing for him right now. It gives others who want to help him some time to gather a plan for assistance while he's away from the drugs.

Definitely would prefer to see him in a hospital than a jail, but you may be right about it giving them time to form some kind of plan of action. Since Matt himself wants to be in jail, I have to imagine he's not in a great place emotionally. I really hope he gets the help he needs, and finds a way to own his recovery. Honestly, at the moment, I'm just glad he's still alive. I'll admit that I assumed the worst.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
kfan said 2 family members went to see him and he refused the visit plus he didnt want a lawyer he just wanted to stay in jail. crazy sad.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I was listening on KFAN this morning and they said they had some sad news about Matt Johnson. Thankfully, it was just that he was arrested as I was expecting some terrible news a la Boogaard or Wade Belak.

I hope he gets and accepts the help he needs. Nobody needs another tragic ending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad