Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
William karlsson has as many goals as kucherov.....

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Well Maroon is in New Jersey. He'll probably light it up and get re-signed for a couple more years. Murray will pick him up when he turns 35.

John

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gulls are our AHL team and Devils are our Eastern team.

It`s a Ducks hell, basically. You go there after you fail to become a superstar in Anaheim. Then you still get to do your favorite thing but... no sun.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Whew. Watching Maroon, Palmieri, and Vatanen out there trying to tie up against Vegas while Will Karlsson and Shea Theodore defended was all kinds of weird.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I like to pop into this thread now and again since it's usually about the Devils - Vatanen has been spectacular of late. It took him a little while to find his footing but he's turning into our #1 option defensively and a top option offensively on the blue line.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Some coaches and some players just don't mesh well. I don't think that's anything against either RC or Vatanen as individuals, but clearly he enjoyed his time under Bruce a lot more.

To be fair I don't think any of our D have looked their best under RC. They seem much for suited to a BB system than whatever that mess is RC has going on.

Back on topic: Count me as one that's super excited to see Vats doing so well in NJ. I've always liked him as a player and a personality, plus now I have an excuse to finally an a devils jersey to my collection.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Noesen story is very similar to Kerdiles, maybe same thing will happen.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I like to pop into this thread now and again since it's usually about the Devils - Vatanen has been spectacular of late. It took him a little while to find his footing but he's turning into our #1 option defensively and a top option offensively on the blue line.
That`s what was expect from most Ducks fans - he is a great player! Happy that he is working out for you guys!

We could use Vatanen on our depleted D system but we also needed Henrique who is a great player for us!

I see Noesen (waivers) and Maroon (we payed to trade him away) also doing well for you guys (and Palms).

Reactions: Paul4587

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
How is our D system depleted.....lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Might be wording on my part, but what I meant for is that Monty as exciting as he is, still needs to prove he is a legit top 4 D (showing that lately) and our 3d pair is 2 worn out veterans. We did lose a big piece with Vats, as bad as he was at that moment

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
How is our D system depleted.....lol
The depth kind of is depleted, though. The coaching staff and Murray clearly don't view Welinski as NHL caliber or else he'd be here. He's 24 and is having a big year in the AHL. Maybe they're wrong, maybe they're right. Pettersson has shown promise but doesn't look ready. Bieksa and Beauch should have retired at least a year ago.

It was the right move getting Henrique but having Vatanen would absolutely help us right now. Nothing to be mad about, but the depth defensively got significantly worse without Sami back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad