Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Maybe Beleskey will have another career revival like the last time he was on waivers.

But in all seriousness, injuries did him in big time. He's regressing a little earlier then expected, but Beleskey to regress physically was the most predictable thing ever (especially as he was constantly banged up even before leaving Anaheim).

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Theodore has 2 goals 8 assists 10 points in 18 games with Vegas so far on the season. 1 goal and 5 assists 6 points have been on the power play.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
There's a poll in the general discussion, asking if Andersen is/wil be the greatest goalie in the Maple Leafs history.
In case you didn't know, the consensus is, Andersen will lead them to a cup 2 years from now.

Jesus f***, those leafs fans...

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
And while at the Ducks he was a borderline starter according to those fans.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Vatanen got his 1st goal as a Devil in their 3-1 win over Detroit. It was an empty netter but a nice quick shot from deep in the Devils D-zone. They have only 9 regulation loses. 49 points. I think they'll win the Metro division.

Reactions: broman

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Vatanen got his 1st goal as a Devil in their 3-1 win over Detroit. It was an empty netter but a nice quick shot from deep in the Devils D-zone. They have only 9 regulation loses. 49 points. I think they'll win the Metro division.

Devils are getting incredible contribution from a bunch of kids (Bratt, Nico, Butcher, Santini...) while Hall looks reborn and well over Oil by now. Palms back healthy as well. Metro is seriously tough but if NJ can get out of it and avoid Caps/Pens in the first round (Pens could well miss out POs altogether) then who knows?! I will be keeping an eye on them for sure. Although honestly if Schneider gets hurt or struggles, that's all she wrote.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
And while at the Ducks he was a borderline starter according to those fans.

Man, that just annoys me. Anaheim fans were very complimentary of him when the trade happened. We flat out told Toronto fans that Andersen was a good goaltender, and he’d be a good starter for them. When he got off to a tough start there, it was Anaheim fans saying that he’d settle down and be the goalie they needed.

That’s revisionist nonsense.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Vatanen has 4 points in the last 6 games for the Devils with two of them being on the power play.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man, that just annoys me. Anaheim fans were very complimentary of him when the trade happened. We flat out told Toronto fans that Andersen was a good goaltender, and he’d be a good starter for them. When he got off to a tough start there, it was Anaheim fans saying that he’d settle down and be the goalie they needed.

That’s revisionist nonsense.
Yeah I remember that. They were going bananas that they got useless goalie while we told he will be fine. Sigh

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Most improved player in the entire league by far.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
And another goal. 20 goals on the season.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I wouldn't be surprised if he did, he's always seemed like an elusive king maker to the teams that have won with him. He provides great and dependable depth to any good team.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Vatanen after his ridiculously slow start in NJ now has 9 points his last 9 games. He looks to be shooting the puck miles better and his passing is more accurate. I don’t know if it’s confidence or if his shoulder has finally come right but he’s improved quite a bit since the trade.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Vatanen after his ridiculously slow start in NJ now has 9 points his last 9 games. He looks to be shooting the puck miles better and his passing is more accurate. I don’t know if it’s confidence or if his shoulder has finally come right but he’s improved quite a bit since the trade.
Glad to hear that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
3 assists last night. Vatman looks to be returning to his normal form.

Oh boy we could use him now. But Henrique has been very important too so it is what it is

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Sami sure is gelling in. The real eye-opener tho was a curious statoid picked up by a NJ boards poster. Before the trade, Devils' SAT% was a woeful 46% some (with only the ailing Ducks behind them...). With Sami, they are topping 50%. Sami the Corsi God, then.

All in all the trade has worked very well for all parties involved. Kudos to Bob and Shero for pulling the right strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->