Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Well to be fair, Vegas took Clarkson and his contract in the same trade, which enabled Columbus to re-sign Atkinson.

So they basically went the same route as we did with him and Borque. Package him with a cap dump to make the deal look attractive enough for another team to bite. I always liked him.... glad to see him doing so well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Karlsson also has a 23% shooting. Im glad he's doing well, but 23% .... you gotta take that into consideration.
Yeah Karlsson has definitely improved several tiers from his play in the preseason but you can definitely say he's benefited as much from opportunism as he has from sheer talent.

Still a significantly wasted talent by Anaheim and Columbus and he should be good for 40-50 points a year if he keeps improving but it's not as bad as it seems losing him. As it has been mentioned, at least we pawned him off for an asset that was supposed to gear us for a cup run. Columbus is the true f*** up that has Wild Bill in Vegas.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Let`s be honest to ourselves. Karlsson would never have those numbers here, simply because he would have been injured like everyone else

Reactions: Mallard

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Holland going to Big Apple

This actually ended up being an AHL swap, he's playing in Hartford now. Even after all these years, the guy is still almost PPG in the AHL, just can't seem to break into the NHL. At least they're paying him a good amount of money, otherwise I'd say he'd be much better off playing in Europe.

I'd also like to make a petition to change the thread title. Something like "AKA daily updates from New Jersey"?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Pretty much picking up where he left off with Anaheim this season. I'm sure he'll bounce back somewhat, but it certainly looks another trade where Anaheim parted with the player just at the right time.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Matt Beleksey has 0 points in 14 games played this year.
That guy worked so hard towards the end of his time with the Ducks so that his next contract would be his payday, it was such a smart choice to let him leave.
Previous season Beleskey had 8 points in 49 games.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Matt Beleksey has 0 points in 14 games played this year.
That guy worked so hard towards the end of his time with the Ducks so that his next contract would be his payday, it was such a smart choice to let him leave.
Previous season Beleskey had 8 points in 49 games.

I haven't kept up on him completely, but I believe he had some pretty serious injuries since going to Boston.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
beleskey has been terrible in boston. just ask bruins fans what they think about him

it was so obvious he'd regress after that contract year. didn't expect him to be this bad though

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I haven't kept up on him completely, but I believe he had some pretty serious injuries since going to Boston.

Yeah it’s more injury related, he’s made of glass nowadays. Had a good first year in Boston but has been beat up ever since. Still a wise move to walk away as his style of play doesn’t lend itself to longevity.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Feel bad for Beleskey but glad we didn't give him that contract... granted he did seem to fit in well with getz and kesler.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Noesen is on a 5 game point streak with the Devils, just scored his 3rd goal of the season on their 4th line. Wood/Zacha/Noesen is a nice 4th line imo. Zacha has potential to be a pretty good player, 6'3 center.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Even the way he is currently playing I'd take him on the Ducks 4th line at 750K-900K. The 3.8 Mil contract is the problem.
If both Beleskey & B Ryan were bought out: at 750k Ryan as a 4th liner scoring 41 points would be nice to have, he's on a 0.50 point per game pace this year, up from last year but still at the point Ottawa will eventually buy him out at some point when they finally do that rebuild.
4th line: Roy/Wagner/Ryan would be a pretty productive 4th line.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
If both Beleskey & B Ryan were bought out: at 750k Ryan as a 4th liner scoring 41 points would be nice to have, he's on a 0.50 point per game pace this year, up from last year but still at the point Ottawa will eventually buy him out at some point when they finally do that rebuild.
Wah-Wagner-Wyan

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

Would still only get 5 minutes ice time per game, because it's the 4th line.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We all knew that contract will become a huge issue. Great guy and was so fun to watch the last year here but... eh. Sad. At least he got some dollars which is nice, but probably he`s not happy about this situation himself.

Anyway, HOW`S CARL DOING? That was his dogs name right?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
My bad, I looked it up, and it is with K (the real ''k''). Just like Karl, the king of Ducks:

By-ZqDIIAAAHEsp.jpg:large

One of the good boys

Reactions: Magnus the Duck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad