Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Palmieri got injured after a knee hit. :(

Sad to hear this. Not surprised though, they did play vs Colorado after all...

Speaking of Colorado, I thought Bernier was pretty good in his Avalanche debut, even though his numbers ended up being ugly. Based on the highlights, the score would've been way more lopsided without his performance. That Colorado team is BAD.

Here's a few good saves (watch on mute, it'll be better for your ears):

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That's going to be typical for Colorado again this season, their goaltenders will play some great games and still end up with horrible numbers more often then not, their defensive play is downright horrible. Against Rangers on their season opener they got peppered all game, no defensive zone coverage at all - if it wasn't Varlamov coming up with about 15 top quality saves the Rangers would have blown them out big time.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I like how Theodore is a -3 after 2 AHL games despite having 3 goals and 2 assists.

Great in the Offensive zone, Awful in the Defensive zone.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd take Mike Santorelli and Tomas Fleischmann over Boll and I didn't like either of those guys when they were here

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Antoine Laganiere who was more of a Gull player than a Duck player, has been doing great in the Finnish league. 14 games 7+4, also had a suspension.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
William Karlsson has 5 points in 8 games for Vegas Knights.
Man, Vegas is on a roll! What a start for them!

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I still think that Vegas is playing with fire by keeping him down there. Is it really worth risking a relationship with a player just so that you can pull a late draft pick from one of the more useless defensemen that they picked up in the expansion draft?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Theo seemed to understand all of his trips to S.D. last year were part of the business. I’m sure he isn’t thrilled but doubt he’ll pull a Ship move. But at this point in the season, McPhee should just give up on expecting anything for those D men. Hopefully he has with the waiving of Garrison.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Friedman interviewed Paul MacLean in his 31 thoughts (points 12, 13 and 14). Paulrus discusses his current life, says he's still searching for a head coaching opportunity somewhere -- NHL, AHL or Europe.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
William Karlsson has 5 points in 8 games for Vegas Knights.
Man, Vegas is on a roll! What a start for them!

Watching the WPG-VGK game and William Karlsson has 2 goals, up to 6+6 now. Has both VGK shorties so far this season. Looks like a possible breakout season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exit Dose

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Watching the WPG-VGK game and William Karlsson has 2 goals, up to 6+6 now. Has both VGK shorties so far this season. Looks like a possible breakout season.

He’s looked good when I’ve seen him this year, he’s not being buried with defensive assignments and few offensive opportunities like he was in Columbus. I don’t think he will maintain the current pace he’s on but 45 points shouldn’t be out of the question.

Reactions: Exit Dose
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
So does anyone know why Tim Heed was not extended after his ELC? I see he had a pretty good 14-15 season in Sweden which I believe was his last during the ELC. A year after that Sharks signed him and he has started out well. Perhaps the logjam we have would've prevented showcasing him much, but I imagine he would've been an a decent trade asset if nothing less.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
really wish they would've held onto karlsson

what a useless trade that turned out to be

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
really wish they would've held onto karlsson

what a useless trade that turned out to be
Well that was damned if you do damned if you don't for BM. If he doesn't make a move, everyone complains about him hoarding assets. I know you can argue Wiz wasn't the right guy to go after but I respected his aggression there personally and wish he'd do that more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad