Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
newsflash: you can make it very far in life and still be a brainless idiot

Mod

The thing is, Maroon could have been part of a great line with Getzlaf and Perry and Maroon pissed that away because he came to camp out of shape and when he got demoted because he was too lazy to put in the effort to stay the first line, he pouted like a child and eventually got traded, so that's on Maroon, not on the Ducks. He also had a big---no, a seriously MAJOR---problem in Philadelphia. It may never have ever come out what exactly happened, but it must have been bad because of the way the Flyers let him go, and then Ducks salvaged his career for him and gave him a second chance when no other NHL team would. So that's two teams that he had issues with. Maybe it's Maroon and not the Ducks or the Flyers.

Now he's on his third team and Maroon landed in a great spot at the right time with the Oilers lucking out to get McDavid, and as long they're on the same team, Maroon won't take that for granted if he knows what's good for him.

That video just shows what a low EQ Maroon has though (maybe that's why he doesn't ever take responsibility for the repercussions of his own actions). He's a grown man, not a 12-year old child, but that seems to be about the ceiling of his maturity level. Thousands of other players get traded, and not all of them because of their own lack of performance and attitude like Maroon did, and they act like professionals and not like pre-adolescent boys.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Saku Koivu has stepped out of retirement to take a management position with HC TPS, his old youth club in Finland. His title translates to something like "Development manager" or "Director of player development" (he's also one of the owners of the franchise). He'll mostly work with the TPS youth academy (U20, U18 and U16 levels) and he'll be responsible for developing youngsters and their individual skills.

The announcement was made in Finnish, but should somebody be interested in learning more, the link is here.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So Bryan Allen has been helping out during the watch parties, that's pretty cool of him. Even though he really sucked (fun question, would you rather have Allen or Bieksa?) it's nice to see he's still around and is a fan of the team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I guess technically he is still our property, but Garbutt has agreed to play in the KHL next year.

i like garbutt. glad he's getting a new opportunity in the KHL

So Bryan Allen has been helping out during the watch parties, that's pretty cool of him. Even though he really sucked (fun question, would you rather have Allen or Bieksa?) it's nice to see he's still around and is a fan of the team.

i can't think of allen without thinking about that goal the kings scored with a few seconds left in game 1 of the '14 2nd round. in all honesty i think i'd rather play bieksa than allen. but i'm glad to hear allen is still involved in the organization

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Too bad that Garbutt didn't fit in Carlyle's system. Would great to have another pest annoying everyone and making the Ducks even more villainous.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
George Parros becomes the new SVP of the DOPS, essentially taking Stephane Quintal's (and Shanahan's) former job.

Congratulations, George! :handclap:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
On one hand I'm happy for George, on the other I'm sad cause he is going to make me hate him at some point of the season. :laugh:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Did posts get lost with the new update? The Vishnevski and Visnovsky posts went missing.

Anyway, Ryan Carter has called it quits:

https://theathletic.com/100080/2017...yan-carter-retires-after-10-years-in-the-nhl/

He worked hard to get back from injuries last year. Got some games in the AHL towards the end of the season but sadly isn't healthy enough to continue his career.

In other news, Erik Christensen also called it quits recently. He ended his career winning the Swedish championship last spring with HV71.

It feels so weird to me when these guys born in 1983 retires. Feels like yesterday these guys were rookies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Holy ex-ducks Karlsson Perron Theodore

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Palmieri has developed into a player we could have used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events