Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
BB should have been fired. Whether Carlyle is the right coach to replace him or not remains to be seen.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The bolded is why.

For me, it was hiring RC as well. BB had to go. Four different seasons all ending the exact same way. Something just had to change and BB was the most expendable b/c we can't trade away our roster. No need to continue the definition of insanity.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Zero surprise. BB is what he is, a great regular season coach unable to elevate the level of his players when it really matters.

In my opinion, Wild over performed during regular season. They just weren't that good. Very similar to CBJ. Don't think any coach had mattered in Wild, even if I shed no tears for BB.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
In my opinion, Wild over performed during regular season. They just weren't that good. Very similar to CBJ. Don't think any coach had mattered in Wild, even if I shed no tears for BB.

Sounds like the same thing have heard people use to excuse BB before hmm...

Regular season and playoffs are different. In the playoffs you play the same team over and over again until someone wins 4 games. You watch video of the opposing team and try to make plans to beat them. You have to make adjustments over a series. In the regular season you can be playing on back to back days against different teams not having the time to make plans against a team you just play your game. BB teams do well in the regular season not so well in the playoffs it isn't because his team talent just isn't that good. It takes talent to do so well in the regular season. Worse teams then this Wild team have done much better in the playoffs before. BB is responsible for his team failures in the playoffs with the Capitals,Ducks and now Wild.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
One thing the Wild board stated was that beginning in February Bruce started shuffling lines and they never got the chemistry back. We all remember how Bruce couldn't leave any of the lines alone, no matter how well they were going, that is until the WCF, when he was paralyzed to make any adjustments to counter the Blackhawks.

John

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
One thing the Wild board stated was that beginning in February Bruce started shuffling lines and they never got the chemistry back. We all remember how Bruce couldn't leave any of the lines alone, no matter how well they were going, that is until the WCF, when he was paralyzed to make any adjustments to counter the Blackhawks.

John

I believe that was one of the problems Teemu had with him as well.
And yeah, I really feel more comfortable with Randys approach rather than Bruce`s, who just juggles until you can`t see reasoning behind that juggling anymore. It`s just like counterattacking the oppositions coachs attempt to line match...

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
It was nice to see Bobby Ryan really step it up on the playoffs after coming back from his recurring wrist injury. He had 4 goals (2 GW) and 3 assists, one was the primary series winning OT goal.

John

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Not sure if this was posted before, but Maroon posted a video of his dog rubbing its ass on his Ducks jersey. I'm glad he's gone now, such a ****** thing to do.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Knowing Maroon it's probably his own jersey.

Wouldn't surprise me. He seems to do whatever he can distance himself from the organization that made him relevant. You would think he would have some respect for the team that gave him a chance to actually be ab NHL player.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not sure if this was posted before, but Maroon posted a video of his dog rubbing its ass on his Ducks jersey. I'm glad he's gone now, such a ****** thing to do.

very mature of him

i never liked him when he was with the ducks and i sure as hell don't like him now that he's an oiler. never understood the love for him from a majority of the fanbase. guy can go screw himself

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he's too stupid to realize he'd still be playing roller hockey in missouri if it wasn't for the ducks

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I never got the love for Maroon, guy literally sulked soon as he got demoted in line up and didn't give a **** anymore nor try to play his way back up the lineup. If it wasn't for the Ducks taking a flier on him years ago he would never have been an NHL player, but you would never have guessed that with his attitude.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I laughed out loud when the terrible commentators on NBC said that Maroon also had great hands. When his flash in the pan dies out, Oilers will move up a better player to his position. Then later we will get traded for nothing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Trading Maroon was a bad move but he's done a great job at making me hate him since he's gone. The guy might be the dumbest person in the whole league, he can barely utter a coherent sentence in interviews and posting videos of that kind of stuff is just flat out idiotic.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Trading Maroon was a bad move but he's done a great job at making me hate him since he's gone. The guy might be the dumbest person in the whole league, he can barely utter a coherent sentence in interviews and posting videos of that kind of stuff is just flat out idiotic.

Made it a lot further than most in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad