Former Canucks: Players & Management (Kevin Bieksa retirement watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
69b721e6a07a878171adbec27508ac66.jpg

Reactions: Diamonddog01

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Was perusing the KHL site to check on Tryamkin...

Discovered Linden Vey is rippin it up over there still.

Leads the league in ice time for forwards (22:10gm)
Leads the league in assists by like 9 over 2nd place
2nd in league scoring overall

He could literally be leading our Team Canada at the Olympics.... with Nigel Dawes who's 1st in overall scoring over there.

27040.jpg

Good for him he didnt have a great experience here but went thru some personal problems so glad hes finding success and hopefully enjoying even if he lives in a disastrous dictatorship now

Reactions: vancityluongo

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I'm really enjoying having Gilman on Vancouver sportstalk on a regular basis. His rundown on the Schneider/Horvat trade yesterday was really cool to listen to.

Apparently despite the timing of the announcement, the actual trade call was made the night before, so Vancouver had to just cross their fingers that Horvat would still be on the board. If Bo had been picked, Gilman said their scouts really wanted Wennberg, who went to CBJ at 14.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I'm really enjoying having Gilman on Vancouver sportstalk on a regular basis. His rundown on the Schneider/Horvat trade yesterday was really cool to listen to.

Apparently despite the timing of the announcement, the actual trade call was made the night before, so Vancouver had to just cross their fingers that Horvat would still be on the board. If Bo had been picked, Gilman said their scouts really wanted Wennberg, who went to CBJ at 14.

Yeah I caught that. Didn't know Gilman would be on regularly though.

Devastating really (for me anyways) hearing how the whole Luongo/Heritage game scandal went down. Luongo was so excited for it; flew in family from Florida and Montreal, had some wicked new pads made for the game..... it was going to be one of the highlights of his career. Apparently ownership didn't like the decision either and management even tried to convince Torts to change his mind. So I guess owners don't have quite as much power as some of us conspiracy theorists believe they do.

Also interesting that a deal was in place with Milbury to trade Roberto for Derek Morris but was nixed at the last second.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Apparently ownership didn't like the decision either and management even tried to convince Torts to change his mind. So I guess owners don't have quite as much power as some of us conspiracy theorists believe they do.

well, torts didn't coach the team a second season, did he?

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Dont understand why the franchise didn't hold his hands against the fire & stipulate that Lu needs to play that game or Torts is gone that night. Guy was here for less than 82 games & was given the power to make a franchise altering move.

F*** Torts...

Reactions: travis scott

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Springfield sucks this year. Guess they're about to get even suckier!

Alex Grenier is #2 in scoring on that team, for those interested.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Alex Friesen somehow leads the Allsvenskan in scoring. Has 10 more points than the next guy on his team.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Dont understand why the franchise didn't hold his hands against the fire & stipulate that Lu needs to play that game or Torts is gone that night. Guy was here for less than 82 games & was given the power to make a franchise altering move.

F*** Torts...

You don't understand why Torts, the head coach who was just signed to a 6 year contract over that previous summer, was given the power to make lineup decisions?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Apparently ownership didn't like the decision either and management even tried to convince Torts to change his mind. So I guess owners don't have quite as much power as some of us conspiracy theorists believe they do.

Well your boss can't force you to sign something so the owners don't have the power to force a coach to hand in a lineup card that he doesn't want to hand in. They can however fire the coach on the spot and get someone else to hand in the lineup card the owners want. And Torts was fired within a year

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
You don't understand why Torts, the head coach who was just signed to a 6 year contract over that previous summer, was given the power to make lineup decisions?
When his lineup decision is going to f over your franchise then yes, I don't understand why they let him make that specific line up decision

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Saw McCann at the end of the Florida-Tor game last night.. so i looked him up...

10gm, 2g, 5pts in 12:46m/gm.. Not too bad. I assume he's been banged up with just 10 played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad