Formatting tables in HFBoards new software

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought I would create this post in the Numbers forum because I suspect if people are looking to create tables on the new software, they are probably going into the Numbers forum first.

Things that have not changed:

Code:
[table]
is the same as ever.

You are going to be using enters and tabs just as usual to separate your data.

Things that have changed:

The Pipes that separate columns in your row will need to be separated with text instructions. So instead of one keystroke, it will be more.

Rows must be marked up.

Therefore, to mark up you your data, you will need to do as follows:

Code:
[tr][td]X[/td][td]Y[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]A[/td][td]B[/tb]

Slap that between TABLE markers, you get:

XY
AB

Headers are manually formatted. So you will be bolding them and changing colour.

Code:
[table][tr][td][b]X[/b][/td][td][b]Y[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]A[/td][td]B[/td][/table]

Yields:

XY
AB

I hope this helps.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FYI, to center your tables, you'll need to define the table's center alignment in the table tag, like the second code example below, and make sure it stays there too by using the BB Code Editor to proofread posts/edits (or "code" it in your own text editor file and then copy pasta with each edit). The Rich Text Editor removes that "align" designation with every preview or edit IIRC and I doubt that's changed in my inactivity.
Code:
[TABLE][TBODY][TR][TD]1[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]34[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]56[/TD][TD]789[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
^ Incorrect vs. Correct v
Code:
[TABLE="align: center"][TBODY][TR][TD]1[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]34[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]56[/TD][TD]789[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
One thing I'm not sure if lot of people know or not:

You can straight up copy/paste excel cells in the rich editor and they will turn into a table.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue, but I have noticed that when you tag people in tables it tends to drop the last character onto a separate line. ie

NameRandom Stuff
@hangman005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Unlimited Checking suggestions using doing this ----------Name----------- sort of thing to increase the width and it is functional. But was curious if anyone knows how to stop it start with.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue, but I have noticed that when you tag people in tables it tends to drop the last character onto a separate line. ie

NameRandom Stuff
@hangman005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Unlimited Checking suggestions using doing this ----------Name----------- sort of thing to increase the width and it is functional. But was curious if anyone knows how to stop it start with.

I haven't had this problem despite tagging people in tables several times. Could it be something you're doing when entering the username?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I haven't had this problem despite tagging people in tables several times. Could it be something you're doing when entering the username?
I'm not really doing anything besides just tagging the user, pretty much all I'm doing is putting the @ symbol followed immediately by the the username.

I have accidentally tagged people, for example in my GDT sign up thread, forgot to put the space in for away games and this hasn't happened, though I suspect it's because there is enough characters in the other fields that it doesn't need to extend them.

I get this

Name​
Random Stuff
@hangman005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
With this Code
Code:
[TABLE][TBODY][TR][TD]Name[/TD][TD]Random Stuff[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD][URL='https://hfboards.mandatory.com/members/250253/']@hangman005[/URL][/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

I can work around it, like such below..... but am not sure how to fix or even exactly what is causing the issue to begin with.
--------Name--------Random Stuff
@hangman005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I'm not really doing anything besides just tagging the user, pretty much all I'm doing is putting the @ symbol followed immediately by the the username.

I have accidentally tagged people, for example in my GDT sign up thread, forgot to put the space in for away games and this hasn't happened, though I suspect it's because there is enough characters in the other fields that it doesn't need to extend them.

I get this

Name​
Random Stuff
@hangman005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
With this Code
Code:
[TABLE][TBODY][TR][TD]Name[/TD][TD]Random Stuff[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD][URL='https://hfboards.mandatory.com/members/250253/']@hangman005[/URL][/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

I can work around it, like such below..... but am not sure how to fix or even exactly what is causing the issue to begin with.
--------Name--------Random Stuff
@hangman005
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For what it is worth, when I look at your posts, I don't see any characters being dropped or wrapped

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
For what it is worth, when I look at your posts, I don't see any characters being dropped or wrapped
Curious. This is what I see.

ss1.jpg

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Has table styling changed since all of this was posted?

I'm trying to center a table (the whole thing, not each individual box), and the code above no longer works. Other little bbCode things I've tried have all failed too.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I’ll look into this unless someone beats me to it (a possibility since I’m on my phone for the next while).

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad