Confirmed with Link: Forbort 2 year extension

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Good stuff.

Forbort has been every bit a late bloomer. I’m sure his camp didn’t want to go beyond 2 years, as he further establishes himself in the league.

Just so happy he wasn’t a bust like we all thought a couple years ago.

Way to go, Forbort.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
I'm experiencing the same thing Ziggy. It's amazing how a 10+ year old format is better than this new one...

The site seems to be more sluggish as well.

Tweets don't even load for me, and I randomly hear ads that are clearly circumventing my blocker.

Reactions: KingTrouty

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Good for Forbort. Definitely a lot bloomer, but he had a good rookie season last year and he's elevated his game to start this season. Fair price for a solid #4 dman imo. Love his stick-checking and first pass out of the zone.

I also like the term since I'm not big on giving out long-term contracts for defensive dmen.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm experiencing the same thing Ziggy. It's amazing how a 10+ year old format is better than this new one...

The site seems to be more sluggish as well.

Same on my end. I experience lots of slow down visiting the new board. I guess those in charge care more for ads more so than site functionality.

Back to Forbort... he's developed into a good Scuderi replacement. I do wish he was more like Willie Mitchell, but I'm sure every team wishes they had a Willie Mitchell on their blueline.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Hey, I got a fevah, and it’s only prescription is more cowbell. And a little bad ass extension for one of our dudes that it absolutely needed to be done for. WOOT

This thread needs some damned cowbell

Reactions: Fat Elvis

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Same on my end. I experience lots of slow down visiting the new board. I guess those in charge care more for ads more so than site functionality.

Back to Forbort... he's developed into a good Scuderi replacement. I do wish he was more like Willie Mitchell, but I'm sure every team wishes they had a Willie Mitchell on their blueline.
Well, the Willie you remember didn't happen until he got to the Canucks (age 29).

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Well, the Willie you remember didn't happen until he got to the Canucks (age 29).

He started to gain a reputation in Minnesota and was logging 20+ mins when he was 23. He was considered to be one of their top 3 dmen, and Mitchell was also coveted at the trade deadline in 2006, before he hit the open market.

I don't see Forbort playing with the same edge as Mitchell. I feel like his temperament is closer to Scuderi, and he's solely going to be relied upon for his play in his own zone, which isn't a bad thing.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

On Chrome I had to disable javascript to fix the massive slowdown. The are huge issues with the new UI, it's a bloated mess right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad