News Article: Forbes: How Arizona Coyotes Might Change Way NHL Teams Rebuild

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wholeheartedly concur.

"Although the fan base in the Valley might be thin on patience for another rebuild and another year or two of being in the lottery, the Coyotes might be better set up for success than they’ve ever been."

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
What are we going to do differently from all of the failed tank teams of the past including ourselves? That is the question I would like to ask our gm :)

Reactions: SniperHF

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wholeheartedly concur.

"Although the fan base in the Valley might be thin on patience for another rebuild and another year or two of being in the lottery, the Coyotes might be better set up for success than they’ve ever been."
Time will tell.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think BA "lucked" into some unique situations.
- Ladd refuses to go on LTIR, so Lou paid to make him go away.
- He caught Fletcher having a moment with Ghost after waiting it out because he was so fixated on going big for Risto (oof).
- He traded cap crap for OEL, as we all expected, with the added twist of liquefying one of his middle age players. That's perhaps a novel concept, but it's a luxury you only get when your core does absolutely nothing. For years. Buffalo is doing the same thing.

The talk of "trying to move Dvorak" as if he is some kind of hot potato when every indication is that he shouldn't be is interesting. He may still tear up the roster further.

To me, it's not a major rebuild until you start moving out signed skaters. Goalies are made to be traded. OEL should have been traded the summer before. They didn't want to sign Garland. BA weaponized some cap space.

It's not scorched earth yet.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's not scorched earth yet.
Agreed. I don’t see what his motivation would be to sign here but imagine if BA signed his old Blues pick Jaden Schwartz. If that happened, it basically evaporates our losses. Gostisbehere pretty much replaces OEL and Schwartz pretty much replaces Garland. Jaskin for Pitlick. And whatever UFA backup for Hill.

That’s one fairly big UFA signing and that’s it. That’s all it would take to erase the step back.

CoyoteDave

Dec 12, 2016
Cave Creek
We have no minimal scoring, no muscle and only 3 defensemen at this time. Right now we can't even dress a full team. Still a lot of work to do. May just be watching highlights (I hope) of Coyotes teams.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Short Term Pain for Long Term SHANE

Hey when you guys picked Guenther, Armstrong on ESPN had a guy on each side and looked like identical twins - who were they

Reactions: Heldig

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Darryl Plandowski and Ryan Jankowski, the head and assistant scouting directors

Armstrong-Draft.png

Jankowski looks a lot like BA. There's a pic from the war room where you can't see their faces and it's hard to tell them apart other than the suits.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Short Term Pain for Long Term SHANE

Hey when you guys picked Guenther, Armstrong on ESPN had a guy on each side and looked like identical twins - who were they
May have been scouting director Darryl Plandowski and head coach Andre Tourigny. If the twins were bald guys. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad