for those of you voting to draft on the 17th

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
As the first poll was created and I think most had voted before the Father's Day question came up, how about a new multi-choise poll open for 48 or 72 hours?
The poll would have the option to mark every starting time possible during the two days? The timeframe would be from the morning of Saturday(EST) to late evening Australian time on Sunday with 2 hour intervals. The time getting most votes would be the one that the draft is held on.

HFNHL Red Wings

As the first poll was created and I think most had voted before the Father's Day question came up, how about a new multi-choise poll open for 48 or 72 hours?
The poll would have the option to mark every starting time possible during the two days? The timeframe would be from the morning of Saturday(EST) to late evening Australian time on Sunday with 2 hour intervals. The time getting most votes would be the one that the draft is held on.

I have no problem with posting a revised poll but we need better participation. Half of the GM's did not even vote so the result of the first one scares me as it stands only 12 out of 30 teams have officially confirmed that the 17th works for them.

The other challenge is that we have several 'away' notices atm so a couple of GM's that previously voted will not be able to do so again.

Where are the rest of you?

Sometimes what should be a simple thing becomes so overly complicated it's frustrating :shakehead

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site

Im afraid that if we do that and have several choices to pick from, each category would only end up with 0-3 votes because the opinion would be so spread out. If we have a poll like that, we ought to give the voters the capability to select several choices - i.e. check all times that would work for them instead of one selection that works best.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Im afraid that if we do that and have several choices to pick from, each category would only end up with 0-3 votes because the opinion would be so spread out. If we have a poll like that, we ought to give the voters the capability to select several choices - i.e. check all times that would work for them instead of one selection that works best.

If you read my post again, you might notice that is exactly the type of poll I was talking about:

Originally Posted by Ville Isopää

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
If you read my post again, you might notice that is exactly the type of poll I was talking about:

Originally Posted by Ville Isopää

My apologies... didn't read carefully enough I guess. Regardless, this is something we should resolve ASAP. Our draft is only about 2 weeks away and we're wasting a lot of time. I personally think we should just go with the results of our first poll and go with the standard 10:00AM EDT starting time as we always have. How many polls do we need to figure out when we're going to draft? Just because we do another poll doesn't guarantee that there will be better participation (especially if it is only a 2 or 3 day window to vote). We should just go with the idea that the people who didn't respond don't care when it is because they can't make either day or don't have any picks in the first three rounds anyway.

Default101

2pm would be very bad for me, lol night shifts at my work start at 5, if it's at night i should have a decent time getting a night shift off... or if it's a day shift i wouldn't be done in time unless it was after 5, so if i get one or the other i'm screwed out of the draft... if it is after 5 i should be able to make it, but 2pm is pretty much impossible for me unless i don't get booked on either shift which is very unlikely.

Brent Burns Beard