for those of you voting to draft on the 17th

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
I am told this is Fathers Day. Is it really an appropriate day for the draft?

Some of us are Fathers whose children will want to spend time with us and others might even have Fathers who we will want to spend time with that day.

Anyone else think its not a good day for this reason?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hrrm. That is indeed a good reason - and yes, it turns out that is Father's Day. I am not available on the morning of the 16th, however. The afternoon, yes, but not the morning. Anyone have an alternative suggestion?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Well, I think this is as good a time as any to mention that I will be celebrating my first father's day this year. The newest addition to the Devils family, and my ultimate successor as GM, Madeleine Louise Epstein was born on Thursday night.

BTW, draft makes no difference to me as I have traded away all my picks.

BTW again, when can we start sending in trades?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Outstanding - congratulations, Rich, and welcome to Madeleine!!! Hope the missus is well.

IIRC, the caveat is that teams in the playoffs can't trade... which should mean that 26 teams can at this point. However, since the sim is being run by the DoPP, we might wait until the playoffs are over.

Default101

the 16th makes the most sense, hopefully we get this figured out within the next week, as i would need to book that day off work, but it wouldn't be a big deal, preferbaly the evening of the 16th between 6-9PM ET? thats just my suggestion

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I am told this is Fathers Day. Is it really an appropriate day for the draft?

Some of us are Fathers whose children will want to spend time with us and others might even have Fathers who we will want to spend time with that day.

Anyone else think its not a good day for this reason?

Hmm.. interesting. Forgot about that. Even if we do go with the 17th, it would only be a few hours in the morning and it seems that an equal or possibly greater amount of people would also be unavailable on the 16th.

Default101

16th in the evening would work for me, preferably 7pm EST or later :)

16th and 17th works for me, if it would have been the 9th or the 10th i would have had to book those days off as of 2 days ago or given it off (which i wasn't) i have untill this sunday to book off the 16th if that is the day of our draft. from what i've seen 16th seems like the most logical decision, if we move it to the 9th/10th that cuts everyone short of making a draft list and sets it 10 days from now, the 17th is fathers day, and it seems that people do not like the idea of doing it during the week, so if it is 16th hopefully that will work out by sunday so i can book it off and guarentee that i will be there.

Default101

I am flexible and no matter what day it is, it will no doubt finish at some crazy hour of the morning... nothing a bit of coffee and red bull can't fix! :amazed:

it shouldn't take much longer than 3 hours, how many rounds are we doing 3 or 4?

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
It's usually been 3 rounds and it has taken about 3-4 hours usually, depending on how on time we get started. 16th or 17th doesn't matter to me, as long as it doesn't start later than midnight EET on Sat..

chump06

it shouldn't take much longer than 3 hours, how many rounds are we doing 3 or 4?

Ah, but i am in australia, so if you guys have the draft anytime between say 10am and 5pm its gonna be a little ridiculous for me! :rolleyes: i'm just saying that i'll "take one for the team" and be there at the end of the third to make my solitary pick... :doh:

Default101

that is one of the disadvantages of having a diverse league throughout the world, is that there is no good time for everyone, i am available but i have a work schedule that goes up in 3 days so i hope it is resolved by then because i ahven't heard anything yet.

Default101

well it looks like it won't be decided tonight.. so i'll take saturday the 16th off and hopefully the draft is then, and if not i'll try to pick up a shift, we probably should get this figured out since the draft will need to take place within 7-14 days..

chump06

Time sounds good to me, all three of us actually live on the other side of australia and there is a 3 hour time difference. So for us the draft will start at 1am which isn't so bad as i would probably be awake "studying" (cough, playing xbox, cough) anyway...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'm not to sure that 2pm on Saturday time would work well for me as I've just found out that I have got a baseball tournament that weekend now. The Sunday would be fine still for me because I don't expect us to make it to playing on the Sunday anyway. I should get the tournament schedule soon to figure it out fully. But I'd prefer to stick with the Sunday the 17th.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Didnt the voting decide that the draft will be on the 17th?

It did, but (as the first post in this thread suggests) that was before it was pointed out that the 17th is Fathers Day, and there are many fathers in the league (not to mention approximately 30 sons of fathers...).

If there is still a sizeable majority of people who would prefer the Sunday, we may have to go ahead - regardless of when we pick, some folks will not be available, so we should just be trying for the greatest amount of participation possible.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
It did, but (as the first post in this thread suggests) that was before it was pointed out that the 17th is Fathers Day, and there are many fathers in the league (not to mention approximately 30 sons of fathers...).

If there is still a sizeable majority of people who would prefer the Sunday, we may have to go ahead - regardless of when we pick, some folks will not be available, so we should just be trying for the greatest amount of participation possible.

i'd still prefer sunday, in the evening (for me), like maybe 2 pm EST or later. (how late doesn't matter, wouldn't be a problem if it is 8pm or s...)

all celebrations for fathers day should be done then anyways.

and since it is possible to change votes on the poll, i think we should stick to the result of the poll...

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Re-Count? I sense we need the Supreme Court to intervene.

I am unable to make it on Saturday regardless of the time. I understand the Fathers day thing though, and I would be sad to miss the draft since it is the highlight of the entire HFNHL calendar.

If we do go ahead on Saturday, maybe someone could volunteer to run my draft lists for me...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad