For those interested, recent Malkin article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Of course, from a Pittsburgh paper, but recent remarks on Malkin:

http://post-gazette.com/pg/04121/309003.stm

And I personally liked the parts about his playmaking, that 'ice sense' that I was hoping all were implying in evaluating him. Finally it does confirm something that was all over the board as far as reporting, his weight, which apparently is 176 pounds, but for one still only 3/4 through his 17th year of age, not bad and shows room to progress from where he is, which sounds pretty good from what they are saying.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
Of course, from a Pittsburgh paper, but recent remarks on Malkin:

http://post-gazette.com/pg/04121/309003.stm

And I personally liked the parts about his playmaking, that 'ice sense' that I was hoping all were implying in evaluating him. Finally it does confirm something that was all over the board as far as reporting, his weight, which apparently is 176 pounds, but for one still only 3/4 through his 17th year of age, not bad and shows room to progress from where he is, which sounds pretty good from what they are saying.

Nice article....I wish Washington's pathetic hockey writers could drum up somethin like this on AO (he is only a 18 yr old playin great in the WC). Anyway, with Malkin bein so thin (I'm 6'4"-190 and by no means could I handle a beating an NHL game doles out) and him being so young I really think he might need to spend another year in Russia (I figured that when I was still hopin for the Caps to land him). How big were Horton and Staal when they were drafted last year (similar situations)?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
b-mad said:
Nice article....I wish Washington's pathetic hockey writers could drum up somethin like this on AO (he is only a 18 yr old playin great in the WC). Anyway, with Malkin bein so thin (I'm 6'4"-190 and by no means could I handle a beating an NHL game doles out) and him being so young I really think he might need to spend another year in Russia (I figured that when I was still hopin for the Caps to land him). How big were Horton and Staal when they were drafted last year (similar situations)?

You are very lucking to be getting AO, and I am sure that they will have many more articles on him there when June and the draft gets closer. Actually you are at the right place, if an article on AO turns up somewhere I am guessing that you will find it here first. And yes, for a guy as 'big' as Malkin is 176 is rail thin, hopefully he fills out but I can not imagine that it would be as soon as next year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Staal was and is 6'3" 190 and Nash two years ago was 6'3" 180.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, it's fairly average for a player of his age. I think it's key that he doesn't really get pushed around in spite of his size. He has balance.

Milan Kraft was drafted at 6'3", 160 lbs.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Staal was 6'3'' 182 when drafted and Horton was 6'2'' 201.

Hmm, well maybe he can make the jump next year (if there is one). With his frame and reported work ethic he should be able to get up to 190-195 by October.......of course with him being still so young lets hope he doesn't grow anymore (I grew 3 inches from 17-20).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad