For those in Europe who want NHL games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Naru said:
NASN has been about for quite a while. Not that big of a news item IMO.

Are they streaming IPTV yet throughout Europe?
Randy

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
ranold26 said:
Are they streaming IPTV yet throughout Europe?
Randy
I don't know what IPTV is so I don't know. I'm not sure which countries they were in before, but they've been in the UK for a while. I think it was Sweden and Finland had it.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
wait a minute, they're talking about streaming the NHL over the Internet! that's intresting

anyway, as a European I'm glad to have seen already 12 games this season thanks to Center Ice Forums

morkusa

Mar 14, 2003
Krefeld, Germany
Visit site
NASN is brand new in Germany, they'll start in three days. We can get NASN over our local cable network provider for only 3,50€ a month...

Up to six hundred games a season...

Now, I am not very hopeful for the rest of my business studies... But, who gives a f***!

For more info check out www.nasn.de

Walzy

morkusa said:
NASN is brand new in Germany, they'll start in three days. We can get NASN over our local cable network provider for only 3,50€ a month...

Up to six hundred games a season...

Now, I am not very hopeful for the rest of my business studies... But, who gives a f***!

For more info check out www.nasn.de

?
NASN isn't new....they only weren't allowed to show any NHL live games because of >>Premiere<< :madfire:

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
roshiajin said:
wait a minute, they're talking about streaming the NHL over the Internet! that's intresting

anyway, as a European I'm glad to have seen already 12 games this season thanks to Center Ice Forums

Could you please explain how it is you have been watching games?
:help:

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Been an NASN subscriber in the UK for a while now, good news that they will be showing even more Hockey.

I love that they show the Hockey Night in Canada double-headers every Saturday night.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Man, I've got to lobby my cable provider to pick up this channel. I currently have about six sports channels which show just about every rubbish-sport imaginable, but of course no hockey.

I NEED THIS!!! :jump:

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Belgian Fan said:
Should get it next week or so, it comes with the new digital cable package I ordered. Cant wait to be honest :D
You will enjoy it, you get to see all the regional feed across NA, some are great and some are the most brutal homers youve ever seen.

The coverage does suck this month because of the baseball playoffs but we will get into nearly a game per night and 2 on Sunday after that. :yo:

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
from http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/10/237900.html

‘Schwartz (NASN's Chief Executive) also said: "NASN is in discussion, in several instances at the final stages, with multiple carriage companies to expand its reach, and believes the addition of the NHL will make an already compelling offering, must-have content.†‘
If I am not wrong NASN it’s only a cable TV. So I guess for the countries where that technology simply doesn’t exist there are no hopes. :cry:

’ "We are open to working with broadcasters on sublicense rights in order to enhance local coverage of the NHL once we are up in markets that we are presently not in." ‘
Uh? :confused:
“once we are up†?? so only when they will be already in those markets (where they are not currently in) they will use broadcasters on sublicense?? :shakehead

I thought the quote should have been
“...in order to enhance local coverage of the NHL in markets where we are presently not in" ! :help:

Also, It seems by their site they hold exclusive rights for NFL in Italy, where NASN doesn’t exist and where it’s Sky (Italian pay TV) broadcasting NFL games (couldn’t care less btw :dunno: ). Does that inevitably mean Sky already had to have an agreement with NASN for football? Anyone knows if NASN’s sublicenses are more or less expensive than the previous ones by ESPN, FOX.. and if those prices are going to depend on the level of interest for that considered sport in the customer payTV’s country?

Thanks in advance for any help! (from a desperate hockey fan)

Last edited:

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Got mine today and it seems to work fine.

Oilers - Yotes is on this evening but I can't watch since I'll be at Anderlecht - Liverpool.

Can't wait for this sunday when they'll put Nucks - Avs on :yo:

(sorry Helice for making you extra envious)

Safir*

How much do ya'll pay for digital cable (receiver, the package itself...etc?)

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to watch or rather tape Vancouver - Colorado today.

I love PREMIERE. And I'm glad someone else is paying the monthly fee. ;)

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Kärppä32 said:
How much do ya'll pay for digital cable (receiver, the package itself...etc?)

It's a bit of a strange situation here in Belgium. What used to be Canal + (pay channel, had the rights for all kinds of soccer games) changed to 'prime' and went digital.
We got the receiver/digibox for free as old Canal + subscribers (normally the digibox is 200€) and we have to pay 33€ monthly fee for a package of 8 film channels and 6 sports channels (live soccer and NASN are in that package). Not incredibly expensive I'd say, but that doesn't mean I'm not glad my parent pay the fee ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad