For Fans Going to the Game

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I like excited fans, but there is a line that can be crossed IMO. I'd rather stay classy and root for MY team rather than go out of my way to denigrate another team. I just can't see myself screaming "You Suck" at another team or at a goalie. The folks I see doing this at Blues games are mostly drunk and/or unhinged.

Why is it classless for Nashville fans to chant "Blues suck" but classy for you to repeatedly post it on an internet message board?

Blues vs. Sharks 9:30 start

The above link is just one of many times you have said the Blues suck or something similar. I really didn't have to look very far in your post history to see you use the very words you are calling the Nashville fans out for, plus several other insulting and judgmental statements about the Blues, specific players, other fan bases. I am not sure what system of morality you are using to teach your children, but most of them discourage judging others. At the very least they encourage you to take a long-hard look in the mirror before judging others.

Reactions: KirkOut

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've taught my kid that Nashville fans say those things because they're Nashville fans. Not everyone is a Blues fan.

Teach your kids that there are people with different opinions than them and they express them in ways you don't always have to agree with. But because you don't agree with it doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to do it. It's a big world out there and you're going to come across people you don't like and you're going to have to deal with it.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Why is it classless for Nashville fans to chant "Blues suck" but classy for you to repeatedly post it on an internet message board?

Blues vs. Sharks 9:30 start

The above link is just one of many times you have said the Blues suck or something similar. I really didn't have to look very far in your post history to see you use the very words you are calling the Nashville fans out for, plus several other insulting and judgmental statements about the Blues, specific players, other fan bases. I am not sure what system of morality you are using to teach your children, but most of them discourage judging others. At the very least they encourage you to take a long-hard look in the mirror before judging others.

Big difference between watching your team implode on ice and commenting on it to fellow fans on a forum versus screaming at another team that they suck as part of a chant. And I don't go to other teams forums and tell them that they suck. Guess what that gets you.

Nice try.

I'm done with this. I voiced an opinion that fans chanting such things is not cool. You seem to want to make this into a personal vendetta or a court case. You've done this before in this very forum. It's apparent that differences in opinion annoy you or you feel like you have to win an internet argument. That's not my thing, have a nice day.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I've taught my kid that Nashville fans say those things because they're Nashville fans. Not everyone is a Blues fan.

Teach your kids that there are people with different opinions than them and they express them in ways you don't always have to agree with. But because you don't agree with it doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to do it. It's a big world out there and you're going to come across people you don't like and you're going to have to deal with it.

Where did I say Nashville fans shouldn't be able to do it?

My kids are fine with handling this stuff, but thanks for your concern. My opinion is that Blues fans shouldn't act this way. But based on the pushback Im getting here guess I'm in the minority.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Big difference between watching your team implode on ice and commenting on to fellow fans on a forum versus screaming at another team that they suck as part of a chant.

Nice try.

Not really that big of a difference, and the difference work against you.. Is it ok to denigrate the Blues because you chose to be a fan of them? I think it is worse to denigrate someone you have a supportive relationship with than someone you have an antagonistic one. Is the difference that Nashville fans have the guts to say it to their face while you say it anounomously behind a keyboard where the blues may not see it? Do you teach your children that it is ok to denigrate their friend as long as they don't say it to that person, but only denigrate them behind their back?

You are just arguing semantics. If anything you are far more in the wrong than Nashville fans, who are in a faux-antagonistic relationship. The "you suck" is theatre to make the games more exciting. They'd tell Price he sucks in the middle of a Vezina/Hart winning season. It has nothing to do with whether Price sucks or not. Its a rallying cry, more about Nashville solidarity than tearing down the opposing team. When you say "Blues suck" or call them a lazy, good for nothing supper club, its about venting your frustration and truly denigrating those you ostensibly support.

blueinbigd

Mar 8, 2012
Last night there wasn't any need to for the crowd to really get into the game. They came out flying at the start. They had the majority of play throughout the game. If Vladdy's sights weren't a mile off we probably win that game. Jake was not solid in goal and that didn't help things either. If you read the entire original post I was just saying that players can feed off fan energy so much that it can be a negative. I can remember watching plenty of Blues playoff games where the place is amped up and it looked like every Blues player was trying to lay a hit on someone instead of concentrating on other aspects of the game. All players are going to tell you that they want the place to be loud because they aren't going to admit that it would effect them in a negative way

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
giphy.gif

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I have two expectations for fans who pay to go to a game. Don't be a **** to other fans who have also paid to go to the game, regardless of which team they happen to support, and don't cross any lines when it comes to interacting with those participating in the event (no obscene/offensive comments, no throwing objects, no physical confrontations, etc.).

Personally, I don't think a crowd chanting to another team that they suck violates either tenet, and I say that as someone who generally isn't into that sort of thing. It's pretty tame as far as jeers/taunts go, and it's relatively family friendly.

I hate hearing it as an opposing fan, but that is only because hearing it means my team is probably sucking at the moment, not because there's something inherently offensive about the chant itself.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
The chant is great. I love seeing fans doing creative cheers at a hockey game. Seems too often it's the same "Let's Go ____". I'm kind of jealous of how electric it is at their games right now. I know it hasn't always been that way but it's great to see a non-traditional market like Nashville doing well. Despite the fact that they're in our division and we should hate them. After they win 3 cups in 6 years then I'll probably feel differently

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The chant is great. I love seeing fans doing creative cheers at a hockey game. Seems too often it's the same "Let's Go ____". I'm kind of jealous of how electric it is at their games right now. I know it hasn't always been that way but it's great to see a non-traditional market like Nashville doing well. Despite the fact that they're in our division and we should hate them. After they win 3 cups in 6 years then I'll probably feel differently

With the way Nashville is playing they are most likely to win the cup. I guess I’ll need to mute all playoff games coming out of Nashville. :)

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I’m still trying to figure out the original post. Every playoff game I have been to has been loud as soon as the Anthem(s) ends. I have never been to a playoff game where the fans “sit back and observe at the beginning.”

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I’m still trying to figure out the original post. Every playoff game I have been to has been loud as soon as the Anthem(s) ends. I have never been to a playoff game where the fans “sit back and observe at the beginning.”
Ditto.

I lost my voice after going to a Wild v Blues playoff game last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad