For Fans Going to the Game

blueinbigd

Mar 8, 2012
I think the fans can have an influence on a game more than they realize. Tonight should have the feel of a playoff game. I want the fans to sit back and just observe the beginning of the game instead of the big LETS GO BLUES right off the bat. I think sometimes that puts too much pressure on the team and they get off their game. These last two games have told me this team wants to make the playoffs. I expect them to already be charged up for this game without the fans urging them on more. However if they seem a little flat to start out then give out with the LETS GO BLUES. They have shown some confidence lately and I think that has come from Jake playing better lately, so if they give up an early goal don't sit back and think here we go again. Stay with a positive attitude. The Blues might lose this game on the scoreboard but I would be very surprised if they are outplayed.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
New idea... Let's just yell at Bernier/Varlamov and tell them they suck before the puck drop. Seems to work elsewhere :sarcasm:

Honestly though I think your head is in the right place, but I'd be willing to bet 90% of the team would rather the place be buzzing. The other 10% consists of Thorburn and the healthy scratches who will more than likely be lost anyways.

LGB!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I think the fans can have an influence on a game more than they realize. Tonight should have the feel of a playoff game. I want the fans to sit back and just observe the beginning of the game instead of the big LETS GO BLUES right off the bat. I think sometimes that puts too much pressure on the team and they get off their game. These last two games have told me this team wants to make the playoffs. I expect them to already be charged up for this game without the fans urging them on more. However if they seem a little flat to start out then give out with the LETS GO BLUES. They have shown some confidence lately and I think that has come from Jake playing better lately, so if they give up an early goal don't sit back and think here we go again. Stay with a positive attitude. The Blues might lose this game on the scoreboard but I would be very surprised if they are outplayed.

I'm generally not one for absolutes, but I absolutely don't want a player on my team who gets pressured by the fans cheering. I would rather the team lose and have heads role than have to tell the fans not to cheer too loudly lest they upset the precious sensibilities of the players.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Overthinking this a bit. The biggest issue is keeping a consistent atmosphere.

We are at a point where every game is effectively a playoff game, so hopefully it will be louder than it has been towards the end of part seasons.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Hmm. Last game vs the Avs, Schenn made sure he got the crowd involved early. I’m not saying we need another fight off the face off but players absolutely feed off of the crowd. STL has became a quite crowd outside Blackhawk games. I will give credit where credit is due. Nashville’s tradition of the crowd going insane and shaking the building during the tv timeouts is something that isn’t shown on TV but you can feel the energy in the building. I miss the 90’s atmosphere. I have been to games in every decade at Kiel/Scottrade and in the past 5 years it really feels the most timid.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Being there last night, I agree with @PiggySmalls. The crowd was relatively tame, but at the same time, there wasn't a whole lot to cheer about or get revved up about either. I would love to see an atmosphere closer to Nashville's but I don't know that a St. Louis crowd would do that. It got loud when Thorburn, Soshnikov, and Edmundson laid some good hits and the goal was scored, but there wasn't much else.

Honestly, I was mostly surprised how tame everyone was when Rantanen scored on that breakaway. (PS...F**K OFF BERGLUND)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Unfortunately, only way I can see the crowd to change is for Blues to finally bring home the cup. Blues fans are just conditioned to being disappointed.

Reactions: 67Blues

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
This years team owes the fans some of the money they paid back for their **** performances at home.

Reactions: TruBlu

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I agree that the spirit of the crowd seems to be dwindling big time the last few years. It’s nuts in this forum when we play at Nashville and people in our GDT are getting on the Preds fan’s case for being “childish” or whatever other reason they call out the crowd’s chants. I wish our building was like that

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I agree that the spirit of the crowd seems to be dwindling big time the last few years. It’s nuts in this forum when we play at Nashville and people in our GDT are getting on the Preds fan’s case for being “childish” or whatever other reason they call out the crowd’s chants. I wish our building was like that

The Preds' chants are incredibly annoying. But that's exactly how they're supposed to be for a Blues fan so they're doing their job perfectly.

Reactions: KirkOut

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

I like excited fans, but there is a line that can be crossed IMO. I'd rather stay classy and root for MY team rather than go out of my way to denigrate another team. I just can't see myself screaming "You Suck" at another team or at a goalie. The folks I see doing this at Blues games are mostly drunk and/or unhinged.

Reactions: 67Blues

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I like excited fans, but there is a line that can be crossed IMO. I'd rather stay classy and root for MY team rather than go out of my way to denigrate another team. I just can't see myself screaming "You Suck" at another team or at a goalie. The folks I see doing this at Blues games are mostly drunk and/or unhinged.
The Preds fans doing this aren’t unhinged, but organized. It’s hockey not tennis we don’t have to worry about being too rowdy or hurting anyone’s feelings out here

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
You and I will disagree, but I'm fine with this.

When I go to games I go with my young daughters. I don't want them to chant "you suck", organized or not. Often they see fans do things that surprise them and I need to explain why said fan is screaming stupid things.

To each his own. This is just entertainment to me.

And your eye rolls mean very little to me...no idea why you thought that was important to know.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If you have to explain “you suck”, what do you say when the players smack each other with sticks and punch each other in the face?

Reactions: MissouriMook

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If you have to explain “you suck”, what do you say when the players smack each other with sticks and punch each other in the face?

I tell them that the players are engaged in a physical sport where their emotions and adrenalin can get the better of them. If they go too far they end up with a penalty and ultimately hurt their team.

The fans acting poorly I explain are either drunk, unhinged, or lack in class.

When you are a parent you will understand.

Reactions: FMichael

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Only time the you suck chants annoy me are when the Predators are losing and they score late in the game just to not get shutout. It then just makes it those chanting sound uneducated to the game. But those chants are just a small part of the crowd involvement. Every shot, every hit, every save by the Predators is met with cheering. I just like how their fans become part of the game and not just go there to watch the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad