OT: Football Thread

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Jets are getting killed for the draft after the 1st round. They also traded a starter (JFM) for a sixth round pick two years from now. Essentially a pure cap dump.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Jets are getting killed for the draft after the 1st round. They also traded a starter (JFM) for a sixth round pick two years from now. Essentially a pure cap dump.
I like how Corley fits with the rest of the group, should be an easy transition to at least get him involved with screens (any trust Hackett though?). Remains to be seen if he'll be a complete WR but I don't see why not.
Braelon Allen is a bulldozer and gives a different element to Breece and Izzy. Can pick up blocks too.
Jordan Travis is a good developmental QB.
Stiggers is a good dart throw.

But really didn't see the point in the trade downs and taking another RB. I thought they could have gone with a developmental iOL or DL to add to the rotation.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
having a good oline coach is needed for that approach. thankfully we seem to have one now. the raiders essentially had low round and UDFA lineman and were about average.
Hopefully the new guy makes a big difference. I didn't have much confidence in the previous guy. Good Oline coaches are worth so much in the NFL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
ESPN gave the Jets an A- on the JFM trade which surprised me. Their logic was his pass rush win rate tanked last season to 9% which made him an extremely expensive run-stopping edge rusher. They reasoned the Jets would have likely ended up cutting him if they didn't make the trade they did, so it was worthwhile.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad