Proposal: Following the Karlsson Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Honest question.
Is Karlsson a good captain, the captain Ottawa needs?
I've seen his development into a world class player, but from the time he was anointed team leader (some say too early) I've wondered about the off ice leadership, the dressing room leadership. This is not to debate his talent, or nice guy persona, but we have a team that's seriously struggling from top to bottom, and I feel like he stays pretty quiet.
And when he was carrying the team last year, how was his leadership then?

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Looking at the trade of Phaneuf, I think we'd be willing to retain 25% of Ryans contract. Which would mean we wouldnt loose much from trading Karlsson, maybe a 2nd round pick?

Sign me up. I'll take Tanner Glass, their up and comming defenseman (2017 1st rounder), a 2018 1st, a 2019 1st, a conditional 2019 2nd, 3rd if he resigns. I want Shea Theodore aswell, wonder if it can be done.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dorion is going to try and use Karlsson to try and erase a bunch of bad deals and contract headaches that team management has created.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
don’t understand over reaction and the “how could dorion let it get this far”. The media says what it wants. What can dorion do. He is unable to sign karlsson at this point. Totally unable. He has said a thousand times he wants to sign karlsson

Dorion is in my opinion easily worst or second worst GM in the league. But how is dreger talking about karlsson his fault? The only players not involved in any trade talk ever are mcdavid and Crosby. And when Oilers keep losing. Mcdavids name will start coming up.

I put this in the other trade bread forgot about this one.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Look at what dorion is asking for. And remember. Every single player outside of mcdavid is available. There are no other untouchabls at that price. No one here is excited if we bring in that sort of haul?

CommonSens

May 14, 2017
And when he was carrying the team last year, how was his leadership then?

So obviously you didn't read the post or you're choosing to ignore the question.

There's no questioning his talent, but that doesn't make him a great captain. A lot of people on this board regularly question Ownership, Management and/or Coaching as the root of all the teams problems. Im asking what EK65 is doing to right this ship....his ship.
This isn't minor hockey, being the top goal scorer doesn't get you the C.

Reactions: aragorn

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
So obviously you didn't read the post or you're choosing to ignore the question.

There's no questioning his talent, but that doesn't make him a great captain. A lot of people on this board regularly question Ownership, Management and/or Coaching as the root of all the teams problems. Im asking what EK65 is doing to right this ship....his ship.
This isn't minor hockey, being the top goal scorer doesn't get you the C.

Well.. in the NHL it usually does.

Because people pay to see the most elite talent. So if you are super elite, you are marketable, you get the most ice, you get the most money, the "C" is a logical extension for most teams in this vein.

Is it right? Is it the most effective? Who knows.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
he shoulda stuck that dislocated finger in Nazem Kadri's eye.

But I like Smith, my type of NHL'er. when his confidence is up he's a great player.
That's the one thing I will miss the most if they trade Smith is that he always seems to get under Kadri's skin. He hits him whenever he gets the opportunity, gets in his face constantly & always seems to be goating him to fight. Kadri is easy to hate especially given that he wears a stinking Leaf jersey but he won't drop the gloves with Smitty, instead he hits people in the back into the boards like the coward he is. I would like to see Smith drop the gloves with Kadri & beat the crap out of him before he leaves Ottawa. Sorry, the Leafs bring out the worse in me.

Reactions: Tuna99

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
No, no we are not.

The deal, if any were to take place, will happen after the Sens have sat down with Karlsson and seen if there is a deal to be made.

If there isn't, they can then allow any team with the right package of players, picks and prospect the opportunity to negotiate with Karlsson prior to a trade. A signed Karlsson is worth significantly more to teams than a rental.
sounds pretty good

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
All the rumours out there around Karlsson suggest he's going to Tampa bay. We should get one or both of Sergachev/Point, a couple of their top prospects Raddysh/Howden/Foote
Then their 2018 and maybe 2019 firsts? Plus more?
This is of course without Ryan's contract.
Does that sound about right in terms of value?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
don’t understand over reaction and the “how could dorion let it get this far”. The media says what it wants. What can dorion do. He is unable to sign karlsson at this point. Totally unable. He has said a thousand times he wants to sign karlsson

Dorion is in my opinion easily worst or second worst GM in the league. But how is dreger talking about karlsson his fault? The only players not involved in any trade talk ever are mcdavid and Crosby. And when Oilers keep losing. Mcdavids name will start coming up.

I think its time to give our GM a break,him and BM have had to deal with a madman....This isnt news ,every deal both have ever made has our nutty/cheap owner fingerprints all over it

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think its time to give our GM a break,him and BM have had to deal with a madman....This isnt news ,every deal both have ever made has our nutty/cheap owner fingerprints all over it
Well. No. They made bad trades. They gave out bad deals. No break on that. But I will cut dorion a break on these rumors until he ACTUALLY does something

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Because people pay to see the most elite talent. So if you are super elite, you are marketable, you get the most ice, you get the most money, the "C" is a logical extension for most teams in this vein.

I don't pay to see Karlsson, in fact, last yr was the first yr I wasn't constantly complaining about how much he sucked defensively as he does this yr, again. I prefer to watch the guys most on here hate, I like Boro, Smith, Ceci, Harpur, Dion & Stone more than Karlsson. I like players who play at both ends of the ice, the new "200' player".

Karlsson bugs the crap out of me most times although he is an elite offensive player. I would be fine if they trade him & never thought he would make a good captain. I said the same about Spezza, I also thought he would make a lousy captain. Stone on the other hand, I think could be an excellent captain or Boro.

CommonSens

May 14, 2017

I believe that most teams pick captains who are leaders above all. I dont think point production is a huge consideration, though good leaders are usually good players as well.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah it makes perfect sense Terry you ****ing liar. What a POS. He just basically started this nonsense because to him it makes perfect sense. And then all the lemmings follow his lead, because they cannot possibly "not know", because they are all Insiders, right?

He is an irresponsible *****ebag who is clearly out of his element when it comes to planting stuff.
Was he on 1200 today? What'd he say now?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well. No. They made bad trades. They gave out bad deals. No break on that. But I will cut dorion a break on these rumors until he ACTUALLY does something
Well everytime we have had to make a deal it seems EM, has his hands on every one of them..Whether its dumping salary for picks Hammond,and the 2nd in the Zibby deal...To us watching Alfie leave over a paltry 1.5 mil,EM has been in on every questionable deal this franchise has made

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well everytime we have had to make a deal it seems EM, has his hands on every one of them..Whether its dumping salary for picks Hammond,and the 2nd in the Zibby deal...To us watching Alfie leave over a paltry 1.5 mil,EM has been in on every questionable deal this franchise has made
Acquiring the monster ohaneuf deal. Giving Ryan a monster deal? Oh yeah EM was scraaaambling to write those checques

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

It's his fault because he squandered a generational talent not surrounding him with talent and making bad trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->